Message from Makkah
Today is 8th Dhul Hijjah 1434. First day of Hajj.
Hajj, an amazing act of worship commenced and institutionalized about 4000 years ago under the iconic leadership of Prophet Ibraheem alaihis salam.
Muslims from every nook and corner of the world have gathered in Makkah. They have come from far and wide, from every distant pass using all modes of transportation available today.
Even though Saudi Arabia’s Hajj Information Website lists out the names of 93 countries which have their approved Hajj Travel Agents worldwide, according to a Arab News report Muslims from nearly 200 countries are performing Hajj this year. (Read this news – updated on 18th Oct)
About three million Muslims speaking different languages, from varied ethnic backgrounds, drawn from different regions of the world, of varying colours and compositions but wearing similar two pieces of unstitched white clothes have started rubbing shoulder to shoulder. Making rounds of the House of Allah, the Ka’bah, the most busiest place on earth today, and for all times to come.
Here, in Makkah, the world can see, for example, a Rohingyan Muslim, considered third class in his country, praying side by side with an Egyptian, who stands next to an Englishman, who kneels beside a German, who prostrates next to a South African, who holds his hands to the sky and prays for all humanity. Subhanallaah!
Here is a perfect circular motion of a white-clad tide of humanity centered around Ka’bah. An amazing scene and a visual treat to get imprinted on your retina!
Where is the feeling of superiority. Of racism. Of difference in nationality. Of bias and language affinities?
As the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alahi-wa-sallam said ‘All practices of the days of ignorance are under my feet”!
Even the presidents and prime ministers of Muslim countries wanting to perform Hajj must come in two simple pieces of unstitched white garment, and no underwear even! You may a king in your kingdom. But you are an ordinary worshiper in the kingdom of the Almighty Lord!
They say death equals all. No, Hajj equals all.
You are equal when you are alive! So why wait till death?
Some communities (Hindus, for example) do not find equality even in death!
Become a Muslim and feel universal brotherhood. When you are alive! And, if you are alive!
As Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action.”
Islam is simple. He who complicates Islam can only be a devil in human garb!
Four things I would like to focus on:
1. The challenge lies in keeping up the spirit of Hajj. After going back to one’s place or country, if someone starts speaking in terms of ‘they’ and ‘us’, showing discrimination of colour, language or race, then it would only mean that he has not performed Hajj. He only had a picnic, nothing more. He who has experienced Hajj must become more responsible as he/she becomes more answerable to Allah.
2. The powers that be in Saudi Arabia must be grateful to Allah for having blessed with the opportunity of taking care and overseeing the affairs of Hajj and Umrah. After managing the Hajj affairs, if any Saudi official behaves in terms of racism when the global Ummah faces onslaught from non-Islamic forces, not helping the Muslim brothers but acting in favour of forces detrimental to Islam, then it would only mean that he was only repeating what his ancestors used to do standing in front of Ka’bah: clapping and whistling, nothing more. Such a Muslim would be the most miserable person on earth: You have everything in Makkah and yet you are empty-handed!
3. The acts and stages of Hajj fill a Muslim’s heart with peace and tranquility. Inner peace is one of the significant blessings of hajj. During hajj, peace is everywhere. You find peace with yourself. With your Lord. With your fellow beings. And with your environment.
All Muslims and Muslimahs going back from Hajj must become ambassadors of peace. They must work for establishing peace and order in their local communities acting on the slogan: Think global, act local!
4. The world media must draw lessons from this amazing Hajj and telecast sincerely, not just showing Muslims pelting stones at Jamraat creating a feeling among global viewers as if Muslims go to Makkah to pelt stones and have fun! If you are sincere to your job of reporting and telecasting, don’t play hide and seek with the world’s unique international gathering! Have panel discussions on Hajj and analyse what makes hajj a unique experience of a life-time!
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his family and companions.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 13, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Reflections | Farewell Address, Five Pillars, Hadith, Hajj, Islam, Islam and the world, Makkah, Media and Muslims, Muslims, Pilgrimage, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- A Word about CHM files: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Say ما شآء الله and الحمد لله
هذا من فضل ربّ This Blog is From the Blessings of My / our Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Muharram: Do's and Don'ts
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection « YasSarNal QuR'aN on One Juz A Day with Nouman Ali Khan
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner « YasSarNal QuR'aN on On the occasion of Islamic New Year….
- Alang on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Alang on Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Library
- Sumayya on Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way!
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on ‘His cheek was on my cheek’
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on These are the Days of Eating, Drinking and Remembering Allah
- Haya on Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :)
- MuQeet on Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :)
- As the ISLAMIC NEW YEAR is Round the Corner September 27, 2016
- Library Update: THE HISTORY OF AL TABARI September 17, 2016
- Celebrating Eid the Islamic Way! September 13, 2016
- Eid al Adhaa Mubaarak :) September 11, 2016
- The Duaa of Arafah is the Essence of Islam September 10, 2016
- Arafah: What a Great Day This is! Subhanallaah! September 9, 2016
- The Timeless Message of Hajj September 8, 2016
Search in this Blog
TagsAllah Arafah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.