Message from Makkah
Today is 8th Dhul Hijjah 1434. First day of Hajj.
Hajj, an amazing act of worship commenced and institutionalized about 4000 years ago under the iconic leadership of Prophet Ibraheem alaihis salam.
Muslims from every nook and corner of the world have gathered in Makkah. They have come from far and wide, from every distant pass using all modes of transportation available today.
Even though Saudi Arabia’s Hajj Information Website lists out the names of 93 countries which have their approved Hajj Travel Agents worldwide, according to a Arab News report Muslims from nearly 200 countries are performing Hajj this year. (Read this news – updated on 18th Oct)
About three million Muslims speaking different languages, from varied ethnic backgrounds, drawn from different regions of the world, of varying colours and compositions but wearing similar two pieces of unstitched white clothes have started rubbing shoulder to shoulder. Making rounds of the House of Allah, the Ka’bah, the most busiest place on earth today, and for all times to come.
Here, in Makkah, the world can see, for example, a Rohingyan Muslim, considered third class in his country, praying side by side with an Egyptian, who stands next to an Englishman, who kneels beside a German, who prostrates next to a South African, who holds his hands to the sky and prays for all humanity. Subhanallaah!
Here is a perfect circular motion of a white-clad tide of humanity centered around Ka’bah. An amazing scene and a visual treat to get imprinted on your retina!
Where is the feeling of superiority. Of racism. Of difference in nationality. Of bias and language affinities?
As the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alahi-wa-sallam said ‘All practices of the days of ignorance are under my feet”!
Even the presidents and prime ministers of Muslim countries wanting to perform Hajj must come in two simple pieces of unstitched white garment, and no underwear even! You may a king in your kingdom. But you are an ordinary worshiper in the kingdom of the Almighty Lord!
They say death equals all. No, Hajj equals all.
You are equal when you are alive! So why wait till death?
Some communities (Hindus, for example) do not find equality even in death!
Become a Muslim and feel universal brotherhood. When you are alive! And, if you are alive!
As Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action.”
Islam is simple. He who complicates Islam can only be a devil in human garb!
Four things I would like to focus on:
1. The challenge lies in keeping up the spirit of Hajj. After going back to one’s place or country, if someone starts speaking in terms of ‘they’ and ‘us’, showing discrimination of colour, language or race, then it would only mean that he has not performed Hajj. He only had a picnic, nothing more. He who has experienced Hajj must become more responsible as he/she becomes more answerable to Allah.
2. The powers that be in Saudi Arabia must be grateful to Allah for having blessed with the opportunity of taking care and overseeing the affairs of Hajj and Umrah. After managing the Hajj affairs, if any Saudi official behaves in terms of racism when the global Ummah faces onslaught from non-Islamic forces, not helping the Muslim brothers but acting in favour of forces detrimental to Islam, then it would only mean that he was only repeating what his ancestors used to do standing in front of Ka’bah: clapping and whistling, nothing more. Such a Muslim would be the most miserable person on earth: You have everything in Makkah and yet you are empty-handed!
3. The acts and stages of Hajj fill a Muslim’s heart with peace and tranquility. Inner peace is one of the significant blessings of hajj. During hajj, peace is everywhere. You find peace with yourself. With your Lord. With your fellow beings. And with your environment.
All Muslims and Muslimahs going back from Hajj must become ambassadors of peace. They must work for establishing peace and order in their local communities acting on the slogan: Think global, act local!
4. The world media must draw lessons from this amazing Hajj and telecast sincerely, not just showing Muslims pelting stones at Jamraat creating a feeling among global viewers as if Muslims go to Makkah to pelt stones and have fun! If you are sincere to your job of reporting and telecasting, don’t play hide and seek with the world’s unique international gathering! Have panel discussions on Hajj and analyse what makes hajj a unique experience of a life-time!
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his family and companions.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
October 13, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Reflections | Farewell Address, Five Pillars, Hadith, Hajj, Islam, Islam and the world, Makkah, Media and Muslims, Muslims, Pilgrimage, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- You'll find immense Qur'anic and Hadith resources under different headings as you can see below. Please have patience to scroll down, Inshaaallah.
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
ما شآء الله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
A hearty W e l c o m e :)
May Peace, Mercy & Blessings of Allah be upon YOU.
Keep visiting, Stay Blessed, Inshaaallah.
Posts…so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (2)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (2)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (28)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (3)
- Attributive Names (7)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Be Careful With Muhammad (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Charter of Human Rights/Farewell Address of the Prophet (1)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (4)
- Du'aa – General (2)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (14)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (13)
- E-books (36)
- Eid-ul-Fitr (1)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (33)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- Funeral Rites in Islam (1)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (45)
- Heart and the Qur'an (6)
- How to Recite the Qur'an (1)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (3)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (28)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (86)
- Isra and Me'raj (3)
- Ka'bah (3)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (4)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Loving the Prophet (4)
- Lunar/Solar Eclipse (2)
- Memorization (10)
- Money Matters (1)
- Month of Jihad (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (166)
- O You Who Believe! (20)
- Polytheism (1)
- Prophets of Islam (8)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (11)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (5)
- Qur'an Quiz (10)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (15)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reblogs (7)
- Reflections (152)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (4)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Salatut-Tawbah (The Prayer of Repentance) (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Story of a Quranic word (1)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (3)
- Surah al Asr (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (2)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (2)
- Surah al Fatihah (2)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (13)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (3)
- Surah al Muminoon (1)
- Surah al Taghabun (1)
- Surah Al Waqiah (1)
- Surah Ar-Room (1)
- Surah As Saff (1)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Az Zumar (1)
- Surah Luqman (2)
- Surah Naba (1)
- Surah Yaseen (4)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Three Types of Soul (1)
- Uncategorized (30)
- Understanding the Qur'an (2)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (6)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zakah (1)
- Zikr (3)
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Laghw and the jihad of Imperialism!
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
- MuQeet on The only ayah that was revealed inside Ka’bah
- jibril on The only ayah that was revealed inside Ka’bah
- Laghw and the jihad of Imperialism! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Al Laghw and the Jihad in modern times
- Laghw and the jihad of Imperialism! « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Things are not always as they seem
- Happy Land on Lugha and Laghw: Connected and yet different!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Laghw and the jihad of Imperialism! August 4, 2015
- Lugha and Laghw: Connected and yet different! August 2, 2015
- Al Laghw and the Jihad in modern times July 29, 2015
- A Subtle Beauty in Charity July 26, 2015
- “We Wanna Crush Them Under Our Feet!” July 25, 2015
- Oldest Quran Fragments Found in Britain July 23, 2015
- When I Weep…..! July 19, 2015
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dawah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jihad Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pilgrimage Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Quran site Ramadan Ramadhan Read Quran with understanding Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Takbeer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr