Me, Myself, My Phone, and to hell with you!
There was a time when we used to call those who talk while being all alone as ‘mad’ or ‘insane’.
Thanks to the advancement in mobile gadgets and technology, we now witness a phenomenal progress in this ‘madness’. Two people sitting at the same table and yet not talking to each other but each busy with his own handset!
I witnessed a family of four in a restaurant. Poor guys might have come out to dine ‘thinking to spend time together’ but the worst thing happened to them was ‘each one was spending time with their respective mobile phones, ultimately none speaking to each other!
Sometimes it is so irritating that you go to meet someone in person, and while you are with him he says ‘excuse me’ and starts talking to someone else over his ‘smartphone’!
Now a days, the invisible person is given importance rather than the person who comes all along to meet you and is sitting in front of you!
I had bitter experience once when lodging a complaint at a corporate office, the counter person picked the phone, preferred him and took his complaint first. Those standing in queue were ignored by paying attention to the person over phone!
Also, it has become a fashion now a days to ignore a person by pretending to be busy over phone!
The question is who is in control? You or your gadget?
Who is important? What is ethics? Where is your value system?
In the Qur’an, Allah subhanahu wa Ta’aala, says about private conversations:
“O you who have believed, when you converse privately, do not converse about sin and aggression and disobedience to the Messenger but converse about righteousness and piety. And fear Allah, to whom you will be gathered.” (58: 9)
“Private conversation is only from Satan that he may grieve those who have believed, but he will not harm them at all except by permission of Allah. And upon Allah let the believers rely.” (Surah al Mujaadilah 58: 10)
Satan has devised many devices in present times to keep people aggrieved!
Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) was the one who used to care about people’s feelings.
No one should be hurt due to your private conversation.
* Ibn ‘Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said:
“In the presence of three people, two should not hold secret counsel, to the exclusion of the third.”
* Ibn Mas’ud (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said:
“When three of you are together, two of you must not converse privately ignoring the third till the number increases, lest the third should be grieved.”
In today’s technologically mad world, do we not witness two people being together and suddenly one of them takes out his mobile, and starts talking to the third ignoring and ultimately hurting the person present?
The challenge of the modern world is to build better social relationships.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq to develop and maintain good manners in our life.
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his family and companions.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Sharing is caring 🙂
PS: PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS/RELATIVES/COLLEAGUES, AND SPREAD THE KHAYR, INSHAA’ALLAH.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
September 9, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Reflections | Allah, Ethics, gadgets, Hadith, manners, mobile, Mobile phones, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, smartphones, Sunnah, Talking, Technology, Yassarnalquran
12 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.