Summer, Sun, Shadow and……Submission!
Living in UAE in hot summer is extremely uncomfortable. It is only a blessing of Allah that people are able to withstand and are happily continuing with their fasts despite heatwaves, alhamdulillah.
Well, I would like to share with you a lesson-rich experience which I encountered today.
While walking to the masjid for Zuhr prayer, I was looking for shadows of the buildings around to walk under the shade to protect myself from the scorching sun. After offering sunnah prayers, I started continuing with my Tilawah. After reciting only a few verses I came across this ayah which spoke about the same very thing I was doing just before coming to the masjid: find shadows to protect you! Subhanallaah!
I couldn’t move further with my recitation as I was thinking of the reality of summer, heat and hell-fire. I read the ayah again, twice or thrice.
After the congregation, I once again read the ayaats, previous and this one. This time, my mind caught the attention of the phrase ‘la’allakum tuslimoon’, ‘so that you may might submit to the Lord of the worlds!’
“And Allah has made for you, from that which He has created, shadows and has made for you from the mountains, shelters and has made for you garments which protect you from the heat and garments which protect you from your [enemy in] battle. Thus does He complete His favor upon you that you might submit [to Him].“ (Surah Al Nahl 16: 81)
(Please read the verses that come before the above mentioned ayah to grasp the essence of this amazing phrase)
I was sure that I had not come across this phrase ‘la’allakum tuslimoon’ anywhere else in the Qur’an. I checked with this Qur’an software to confirm myself.
And yes, this is the only place in the entire Qur’an the phrase ‘la’allakum tuslimoon’ is mentioned.
We come across phrases, for example, La’allakum Tashku’roon (so that you may be thankful), La’allakum Tahtadoon (so that you may be rightly guided), La’allakum ta’tafak’karoon (perhaps you may reflect) in many places in the Qur’an.
But this phrase is used only once in the Qur’an! Why?
Just think over why Allah has used this phrase here while reminding man of the provisions of life.
So that man might apply thought and submit to his Creator, the Lord who provided him all the amenities of life so that he stays in this sojourn world comfortably, worshiping Him alone and leading a life of righteousness.
La’allakum Tuslimoon, that you submit! Yes, we are Muslimoon, those who submit!
“And when they hear what has been revealed to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of what they have recognized of the truth. They say, “Our Lord, we have believed, so register us among the witnesses.” (Surah Al Maa’idah 5: 83)
Dear brothers/sisters, we need to thank Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala for making us Muslims.
We also need to be grateful unto Him for everything He has given us.
If there is sun, there is shade. If there is thirst, there is water.
If there is suhoor, there is iftaar. If there is need, there is Allah!
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 21, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Allah is Our Helper, Allah is our Protector, Creator, Fire, Heat, Hell fire, Jahannum, Quran, Quran blog, Shadow, Submission, Summer, Sun, UAE, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)