Three things complete the other three!
Today’s Jumu’ah Khutbah in UAE was about Zakah.
This saying of Ibn Abbas (radhiyallahu anhu) attracted my attention.
Thanks a million to this great companion for making us understand the value of three things in relation to three other most vital aspects of Islam.
قال ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما: ثلاث آيات نزلت مقرونة بثلاث، لا تقبل منها واحدة بغير قرينتها: الأولى قول الله تعالى ( أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول)
فمن أطاع الله ولم يطع الرسول لم يقبل منه، والثانية
قوله تعالى ( وأقيموا الصلاة وآتوا الزكاة) فمن صلى ولم يزك لم يقبل منه، والثالثة قوله تعالى ( أن اشكر لي ولوالديك) فمن شكر الله ولم يشكر لوالديه لم يقبل
Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said, “three verses were revealed as mutually dependent and none of them can stand alone:
“The first verse “O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger“ clearly states that if someone who obeys Allah but fails to obey the Prophet, his submission shall not be accepted. The second verse “and establish prayer and give Zakah“ shows that prayers and Zakah are associated in a way that acceptance of the former depends on fulfilling the latter. The third verse “Be grateful to Me and to your parents“ affirms that thanking Allah is incomplete and cannot be accepted without thanking one’s parents.
May Allah guide us to implement His teachings in our lives. Aameen.
Please Note: The translation given above is not literal. It is implied/understood translation.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
June 28, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Allah, companions of the Prophet, Ibn Abbas, Islam, Jumuah khutbah, Muslim lifestyle, Muslims, Prayer, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Salah and Zakah, Thanking Allah, Thanking Parents, UAE, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)