This obedience will strip you of your emaan!
The next ayah with the lovely address Yaaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamanu is Ayah No. 100 of Surah Aali Imran.
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala instructs His true believers not to obey the people who were given the Scripture, namely the Jews and Christians.
“O you who have believe, if you obey a party of those who were given the Scripture, they would turn you back, after your belief, [to being] unbelievers” (Surah Aali Imran 3: 100)
Some points to learn, understand and practice, Inshaa’Allah:
1. Allah warns Muslims against imitating and obeying the People of the Book, that is Ahlul Kitaab, the Jews and Christians.
2. The fact is that the leadership of mankind changed with the coming of the Last Prophet, Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
The Jews and Christians started envying Islam and Muslims as Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam was given the mantle of the leadership of mankind.
If the Muslim community is brought into existence in order to assume the leadership of mankind, how is it possible for that community to receive instructions from the very ignorance which it aims to eradicate?
3. In the first place, to follow the people of earlier revelations and to copy their methods and systems indicate an inner defeat and suggest that the Muslim community has abandoned its leadership role.
Therefore care must always be taken in not following the people of earlier revelations. Qur’an is the last and final and the complete Divine Book which has to be followed. (By the way, when Eesa alaihis salam will come back to accomplish his destined role, even he will have to follow the Qur’an and the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam).
4. The feelings, thoughts, the standard, the attitude, the life style and the morality of the Muslim community stems from the firm and true belief in Tawheed, the oneness of Allah.
The People of the Book have corrupted their belief and committed the folly of attributing sons to Almighty Allah. How can Muslims follow such people who have incurred the wrath of Allah and those who have gone astray?
4. The stern warning assumes all seriousness as Allah reveals the danger in such an obedience: “they would turn you back, after your belief, [to being] unbelievers”.
For a Muslim, emaan (faith) is most dear and most important.
Following the People of the Scripture will strip a Muslim of his/her emaan!
5. This is a different topic altogether but by the way let me hint that the educational system of the world is built upon western thought, language, culture and civilization.
If at all the contemporary Muslim Ummah Worldwide has to assume the role of the leadership of mankind and regain this lost glory, then serious rethinking has to be done vis-a-vis the whole process of providing Education.
By imitating the West (by West I mean alien culture and civilization), you can’t come to the level of the Best of nations!
6. Also, just think over:
Why some educated Muslims have got doubt about the truthfulness of Islam?
Why the so-called educated Muslims feel shy of their own religion and its belief system? Why some western educated Muslims feel apologetic about Islam?
Isn’t this the result of imitating the People of the Book?
May Allah guide us unto the Straight Path. May we live as Muslims and die in the state of Islam. Aameen.
Thank you and Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post. Vassalam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
June 9, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | O You Who Believe!, Reflections | Allah, Christians, Isa, Islam, Jesus, Jews, Khair Ummah, Muslims, Nasarah, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Uzair, Yahood, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)