Pomegranates in the Qur’an: Yummy Yummy :)
Pomegranates are so juicy, delicious, nutritious, yummy yummy, right?
There was a mention about pomegranates in one of ayahs discussed yesterday, which inspired me to come up with this post!
Peeling and eating pomegranate seeds is so exotic, entertaining and lovely experience 🙂 Having a super cool drink of this amazing fruit is refreshing and relaxing 🙂
Allah, the Creator, uses the word “Rum’maan” for pomegranates in the Qur’an, and Rum’maan occurs three times in Qur’an.
1. Sweet, juicy, and delicious, this exotic fruit is from Allah’s sustenance to mankind on earth:
“And it is He who sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby the growth of all things. We produce from it greenery from which We produce grains arranged in layers. And from the palm trees – of its emerging fruit are clusters hanging low. And [We produce] gardens of grapevines and olives and pomegranates, similar yet varied. Look at [each of] its fruit when it yields and [at] its ripening. Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe”. (Surah al An-‘aam 6: 99)
2. Allah’s creation is not only beautiful but artistic as well:
“And He it is who causes gardens to grow, [both] trellised and untrellised, and palm trees and crops of different [kinds of] food and olives and pomegranates, similar and dissimilar. Eat of [each of] its fruit when it yields and give its due [zakah] on the day of its harvest. And be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess”. (Surah al An’aam 6: 141)
3. Rum’maan is one of the fruits of Jannah:
“Therein will be fruits and dates and pomegranates.” (Surah Ar-Rahmaan 55: 68)
Pomegranates are rich in vitamins B and C, and many antioxidants.Pomegranate juice has three times the amount of polyphenols that are found in green tea. Polyphenols are antioxidants that in theory may protect against cancer and heart disease.
Ibn al-Qayyim in his book “The Prophetic Medicine” mentioned two types of pomegranate: sweet and sour. Some of the health benefits he mentioned for a sweet pomegranate are that it is good for the stomach, throat, chest and lungs, it can help a cough, and is excellent nourishment for the body. Sour pomegranate can be beneficial for an inflamed stomach, cuts short diarrhoea, and can prevent vomiting. (You can download the book from this link: Prophetic Medicine/Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet)
Modern research has linked the pomegranate with the following health benefits:
Supports cardiovascular health; a study published in the American Journal of Cardiology found that patients who drank pomegranate juice daily had improved heart function.
Help support a healthy immune system;
Help support normal blood pressure levels;
Help maintain healthy joint function;
Assist in maintaining oral/dental health;
Can inhibit cancer cell growth.
Eat, Drink, Enjoy!
But no wasting!!
“O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess.” (Surah al A’raaf 7: 31)
May Allah make us one among those who thank Him after every time they eat and drink. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post. Vassalam.
Related posts: Fruit Journey and Dates in the Qur’an and Sunnah
1. Some points taken from HealthyMuslim
2. Those are googled images
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
May 29, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Fruits in the Qu'ran | Allah, Allah is the Provider, Creation of Allah, Food and Nutrition in the Qur'an, Fruits, Islam, Muslims, Pomegranates, Quran, Quran blog, Rizq, Rumman, Sustenance, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.