From “Iqra” to “Qul”!
Whether it is in learning, teaching or preaching, the first that comes is IQRA, Read!
You need to read. You need to know. You need to familiarize with the content, the curriculum.
Allah says in Surah al Ahzaab: “In the life of the Last Messenger of Allah – Prophet Muhammad, sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, you have an Excellent Role Model“
From the study of the history of Qur’anic revelation, we learn that our Role Model was first commanded to Read. So he read.
We know very well that when angel Jibreel told him to ‘Read’, Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) replied, “I don’t know to read”.
The angel repeated for the second time: Iqra! Again same response: I don’t know to read.
The angel commanded him to read for the third time. Again the same response: I don’t know to read!
And then came upon the first revealed verses of the Qur’an, signalling the spread of radiance from Mount Hira:
“Read in the name of your Lord who created.
Created man from a clinging substance.
Read and your Lord is the most Generous.
Who taught by the pen.
Taught man that which he knew not” (Surah al ‘Alaq 96: 1-5) Refer here for Arabic Text
What is the inference?
* Your ignorance cannot be an excuse. You need to learn to read even if you do not know!
So Prophet Muhammad, sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, started reading.
What a glorious beginning to a super glorious Prophetic career!
Then, came the command ‘Qum!’ ‘Get up and stand in Night Prayer’ (Qumil Layla…) Refer Surah al Muz’zam’mil
* Reading must lead to spiritual development.
Aim of Islamic Education is not just seeking or imparting knowledge but one’s upbringing and reforming the ‘inner person’.
Any education that de-links man from religion and spirituality is hopelessly incomplete!
Then, came the command “Qum, fa’anzir” “Arise and warn”. (Refer Surah al Mud’dath-thir)
* Knowledge and spiritual development must result in da’wah.
It is not sufficient that only an individual becomes good or is reformed. The society must also become good.
People must be warned to ‘Worship the Creator, not the creations!’
Then, slowly but steadily one by one the ayaahs and surahs with the command ‘Qul’ started coming to the Prophet: Say! Declare! Announce! Proclaim!
* Humanity must to told that the only path chosen, attested, approved and blessed by the Lord Almighty is Islam.
Man’s salvation is dependent on whether one chooses the Path shown by the Lord Almighty through His Last Prophet, sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, or not.
If one wants to be a da’ee, a caller to Islam, then he must undergo the natural process step by step.
Thorough understanding of the Deen al Islam and dedication in Salah and other ibaadaat is the key to the making of a da’ee.
Also, understanding the methodology adopted by the Prophet of Islam in the performance of dawah is essential to deliver the goods.
“And Allah invites to the Abode of Peace and guides whom He wills to a Straight Path” (Surah Yuunus 10: 25)
May Allah guide us all towards the Right Path. May Allah extract from us from the right work in the right way for the right Cause. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
NOTE: Inshaa’Allah, the next post in the series Yaaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamanu will be posted tomorrow. Sorry to disappoint my regular readers. Vassalam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- Haya on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Haya on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.