Experience Grace. Or Face Humiliation!
Can there be any voyager sailing in two boats at one and the same time?
Imagine yourself keeping one leg in one boat and the other leg in another boat, and trying to sail. Think what will happen to you?
You will fall down, harm yourself, and consequently drown yourself!
Satan wants the true Muslims to do precisely this with regard to putting Islam into practice!
Dear brothers/sisters, the next verse starting with Yaaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamanu is ayah No. 208 in which, Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala commands His Believers to accept Islam in its entirety and not to follow the Satan for he is man’s avowed enemy.
“O you who have believe, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 208)
Keywords in the ayah:
udkhulu – imperative form, meaning “enter you all”. Normally the word dakhala is used to connote physical entry. The meaning of the ayah here includes all other forms of entry: spiritual, emotional, religious, moral, social, political, economical, legislative and cultural including physical entry.
Silm = from the root seen-laam-meem (salima) meaning to be safe and sound, Silm = Peace = Islam = submission
Kaaffatan = totality, entirety, all without exception, one and all, altogether, collectively, in the aggregate.
khutuwaatish Shaytaan = footsteps of Shaytaan
Points to learn, remember and follow Inshaa’Allah:
1. Accepting Islam as a way of life demands that a Muslim should submit, without reservation, the whole of his being to Allah’s will. Man’s outlook, intellectual pursuits, behavior, interaction with other people and modes of endeavor should all be completely subordinate to Islam. Allah does not accept the splitting up of human life into separate compartments, some governed by the teachings of Islam and others exempt. (Tafheem)
2. The call is addressed to the true adherents of Islam, whose faith sets them apart and links them directly to Allah. The invitation entails, first of all, total submission to Allah Almighty in all matters, simple or grave. Believers must surrender to Allah their intentions, actions, desires, and their whole destiny, and accept His judgement without hesitation, and with total trust and self-assurance. They will submit in full certainty and confidence that God will lead them to happiness and self-fulfillment, in both this life and the life to come. (In the Shade of Qur’an)
3. Allah commands His servants who believe in Him and have faith in His Messenger to implement all of Islam’s legislation and law, to adhere to all of its commandments, as much as they can, and to refrain from all of its prohibitions. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir)
4. Silm = from the root seen-laam-meem (salima) meaning to be safe and sound, Silm = Submission = Peace = Islam.
When a person enters Islam fully, perfectly and completely he will be safe and sound. He will be known as a Muslim, the one who has submitted to the will of His Lord Almighty and the one eligible to have peace in this world and in the Hereafter.
5. One of the Beautiful Names and Attributes of Allah is AS-SALAAM which means ‘the Giver of Peace’, ‘the Source of all Peace’.
6. If you notice carefully you will find that in this ayah there are two commands: 1) Enter Islam completely 2) Do not follow the footsteps of Shaytaan. The two commands juxtaposed here would mean that if you do not enter Islam completely you will definitely follow the footsteps of Shaytaan, the footsteps leading to Jahannum, the Hell-fire. It also means that if you enter Islam completely without reservation then you are safe and sound from the temptations of Shaytaan.
7. Shaytaan is man’s aduwwum mubeen, open enemy, avowed enemy, clear enemy.
What is the work of an enemy? To plot against you. To plan and ensure that you fail. To become happy on ditching you.
If we go against the will of Allah, we actually make Shaytaan happy.
8. In this very Surah, Allah asks a question: “So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part?”. After asking this question, Allah says, “Then what is the recompense for those who do that among you except disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be sent back to the severest of punishment.” Read this ayah
Disbelieving partly means not accepting Islam fully.
I would like to highlight an important aspect here. In this ayah, Allah says that if someone believes in Islam partly and disbelieves partly, then there would be for him “disgrace in worldly life”.
Are we not in this situation now? The Muslim World is the richest in terms of resources. Still it carries no weight in the comity of nations. Muslims are near zero in managing the political affairs of the world! Literally valueless are Muslims in the United Nations!
How many Muslim nations in the world follow Islam fully and completely? What about the penal laws of Islam? Is shariah being implemented in the Muslim world entirely and completely?
We blame people when they write something against Islam and we ourselves do not follow in its entirety!
It is apt to quote the golden words of Umar ibn al Khattab (radhiyallahu anhu):
“Allah has honored you with Islam. If you seek honor elsewhere, you will be humiliated”.
And this precisely is happening in the Muslim world today!
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq and the Hidayah to accept Islam wholeheartedly and practice Islam fully, as much as we can. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Read this related article: I am a Muslim, alhamdulillah. Is my pocket also a Muslim?
No comments yet.