Raising Righteous Generations….!
After ayah No. 178, the loving address Yaaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamanu next comes in Ayah No. 183 of Surah al Baqarah.
This ayah is about the obligatory Fasting (sawm) in the month of Ramadhaan.
“O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 183)
It is narrated on the authority of Ja’far As-Saadiq that he said, “The pleasure of ‘O’ in the call (i.e., being called by Allah, The Almighty) removes the trouble of worship and suffering (in the instructions that come after it).“
How apt and true this quote is!
Whether it is biting cold season or intense hot season, we see Muslims around the world fast in so obedient and devoted a manner. Even kids fast so happily, and they don’t feel fatigue. Subhaanallaah!
Points to learn, remember and observe, Inshaa’Allah:
1. Fasting is compulsory act of worship in Islam. All able bodied Muslim men and women must fast in the month of Ramadhaan. The sick, and those travelling are among those who are exempted to fast but even they have to make up their missed fasts at a later period.
2. Fasting is not prescribed only for the followers of Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam but it was also prescribed to all those of the earlier generations. Read this to learn in brief
3. The purpose of fast is to facilitate Muslims to attain Taqwa, Allah-consciousness.
The purpose is to raise righteous generations of Muslims.
I would like to quote this extremely meaningful insight into the word ‘Taqwa’:
It is reported that `Umar bin Al-Khattab (radhiyallahu anhu) asked Ubayy bin Ka’b (radhiyallahu anhu) about Taqwa.
Ubayy (R.A) asked, “Have you ever walked on a path that has thorns on it?”
‘Umar (R.A) replied, “Yes.”
Ubayy (R.A) said, “What did you do then?”
He said, “I rolled up my sleeves and struggled.”
Ubayy (R.A) said, “That is Taqwa.”
The world is full of glittering attractions and the road to righteousness is extremely rough with potholes here and there dug by Shaytaan to trap the true Believers in Islam.
We need to be extremely cautious in avoiding temptations in order to lead a life of righteousness and Allah-consciousness.
And Ramadhaan is the month of Training
Through fasting we come out from the School of Ramadhaan equipping ourselves with the necessary ingredient – Taqwa – to face the challenges of life for the next eleven months of the year.
Allahumma Ballighnaa Ramadhaan. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post. Vassalam.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
May 20, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN, O You Who Believe!, Reflections | Allah, Fasting, Five Pillars of Islam, imaan, Islam, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Ramadhan, Sawm, Siyam, Yaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamanu, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The only ayah that was revealed inside Ka'bah
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.