If you worship Allah, do this!
The next in the series Yaaa Ayyuhal Lazeena Aamanu is Ayah No.172 of Surah al Baqarah.
In this ayah, Allah commands the Believers to eat of good things of what He has provided and give thanks unto Him.
People may think that this ayah is very simple as it contains a command about eating and being grateful to the Provider, the Nourisher.
But the fact is that this command is not that simple. It is a serious command which contains a severe warning.
Read the following ayah and listen to this beautiful Recitation:
“O you who have believed, eat from the good things which We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is [indeed] Him that you worship.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 172)
1. Allah is the Nourisher, the Provider, the Supplier, the Giver.
He is Ar-Razzaaq, Ar-Raaziq, Al Wah’haab.
وَاللَّـهُ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ And Allah is the Best of Providers
وَاللَّهُ يَرْزُقُ مَن يَشَاءُ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ And Allah provides sustenance to whomsover He wills abundantly.
2. Allah is Tayyib (Pure and Good) and only accepts that which is Tayyib. Read Tafsir Ibn Kathir.
All things made halaal in Islam are pure and good.
If one eats something which is not allowed in Islam, it would be the easiest way to harm one’s body. For that which is halaal (allowed) suits our body’s constitution and that which is haram (prohibited) is against our body’s temperament. Take time to view this presentation, Inshaa’Allah
3. Muslims are commanded to eat from the Good Things which Allah has provided them.
We need to understand that no Muslim has got any right to say that ‘I will not eat this and this’. If the negation is with regard to the halaal food, then saying so will be going against the command of Allah.
We must understand that Allah rebuked His beloved Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-salam, in Surah Tahreem who, after getting influenced by his wives, said that he will not have honey anymore. (For details visit this page, Inshaa’Allah)
When Allah can issue a serious note to His chosen Messenger, where do those Muslims who say that they will not eat this or that stand?
Sometimes we come across some Muslims who claim to be ‘vegetarians’ and have therefore prohibited meat unto themselves.
Their approach and attitude is clearly against the command of Allah.
Allah has provided good things for eat. So let us eat.
We agree to the common saying: Eat to live, and not live to eat.
But the world must know that we Muslims eat to live an Islamic life, a life of obedience to Almighty Allah, not just to fill the belly!
4. We as Muslims must be ever thankful to Allah for providing us with all the necessary things needed to live in this world.
Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam was the most grateful of all men in the history of mankind. His tongue was always wet with the expression Alhamdulillah. He also had the most thankful heart ever.
5. IF WE WORSHIP ALLAH, then we are commanded to eat of the good things that He has provided to us and also be grateful for His providence.
If at all we worship Allah, we need to obey to the command ‘Eat of the good things and be thankful unto Allah’.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Note: I am not satisfied with this post. I did this in a hurry as I wanted to keep up the word to post daily. Sorry about that.
Read this related post, Inshaa’Allah: Shukr: Being Thankful to Allah
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
May 18, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | O You Who Believe!, Reflections | Allah, eating and drinking in Islam, Hadith, health and nutrition in islam, Muslim lifestyle, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Yassarnalquran
4 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.