When the earth shakes…
We all know that a major earthquake rocked Iran yesterday. The tremors were felt as far as New Delhi and Pakistan. And also here in the UAE among other places.
For the first time in my life I felt the tremors. As if someone was wildly shaking my chair. When I came home my wife said everything at our residence at the 11th floor was shaking!
The immediate thought everyone got was ‘Zalzalah, Zalzalah’! It was so scary. Allaahu Akbar!
Zalzalah, Arabic word for earthquake, comes from the quadrilateral root Zay, laam, Zay, laam ز ل ز ل ZalZal.
Isn’t the sound z-a-l z-a-l itself sounding horrific? Uttering the word Zal-Zal sends shivers down the spine!
1. First and foremost, we need to pray for the people who die in such natural calamities and also pray for the safety and well being of the people who get injured and are frightened due to earthquakes.
2. The earthquakes and other signs in this universe are a lesson for the believers. Allah frightens His slaves with such occurrences so that a Muslim should take heed and repent, and fear that what happened to others could have happened to him because of his sins.
3. It is authentically reported that the Rightly-Guided Caliph, Ameer-ul-Mu’minin (Commander of the Believers),`Umar ibn `Abdul-‘Aziz (may Allah be merciful to him), when there was an earthquake during his era, wrote to his agents in different countries and ordered them to tell the Muslims to make Tawbah to Allah, humble themselves to Him, and seek His Forgiveness for their sins.
4. The happening of many earthquakes is among the minor signs of the Day of Judgement. The Prophet Muhammad, sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, said: “The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until (religious) knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men), earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and money will overflow amongst you.” Sahih al Bukhaari
Also, among the signs of the Hour is the occurrence of three major landslides. The Prophet, sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, when mentioning the ten signs of the Day of Judgement said: “… and three major landslides, one in the East, one in the West and one in the Arabic peninsula…” Read Full Text here
5. These two verses of Surah al Hajj bring into focus the horrors of the Day of Judgement:
“O mankind, fear the (wrath of) your Lord! Indeed, the earthquake of the Hour (of Judgement) will be an awesome thing.” (Surah al Hajj 22: 1)
“On the Day when you witness it, the suckling woman shall utterly neglect the infant she suckles, and every pregnant woman shall cast her burden, and you will see people as though they are drunk, when they are not drunk; but dreadful shall be Allah’s chastisement.” (Surah al Hajj 22: 2)
May Allah save us all from such a terrible and terrific punishment. Aameen.
6. Surah Az Zalzalah, the Earthquake, talks about the final shaking of Planet Earth which will bring about the establishment of the Hour of Reckoning:
“In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake
And the earth discharges its burdens
And man says, “What is with it?” –
That Day, it will report its news
Because your Lord has commanded it.
That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds.
So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it,
And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.” (Surah az-Zilzaal 99: 1-8)
May Allah guide us all to draw lessons from these natural calamities, give us the Tawfeeq to mend our ways and help us all to live under the shade of His guidance. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
April 17, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Earthquake, Earthquake in Iran, Hadith, Iran News, Islam, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Seismic zone, Surah al Hajj, Surah al Zilzaal, Tremors in India Pakistan UAE, UAE, Yassarnalquran
7 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.