The weak combo!
To be weak is to do nothing. It is an expression of one’s helplessness.
When judges are not presented with credible evidence, they call the case weak and dismiss it! When a person is not able to sit, the doctors say that the patient is weak.
The Qur’an gives vivid descriptions of some terribly weak cases.
A. Let us read this beautiful ayah first:
“O people, a parable is set forth: pay heed to it. Those who call upon aught other than Allah shall never be able to create even a fly, even if all of them were to come together to do that. And if the fly were to snatch away anything from them, they would not be able to recover that from it. Powerless is the supplicant; and powerless is he to whom he supplicates.” (Surah al Hajj 22: 73)
The above mentioned ayah speaks about:
1) The powerlessness of the seeker, the worshipper, the pursuer:
The idol-worshiper is so weak that he hardly uses his brain. He bows and submits before an idol which is lifeless, worthless!
Those who call upon others besides Allah are indeed the weaklings among humanity!
Those who do not worship Allah, worship anything!
Cows, monkeys, snakes, trees, stones, sun, moon, human beings, etc. etc. Some ‘intelligent’ guys worship sexual organs even!
Some human beings worship other human beings. Those who are like them – those who walk, eat, sleep and go to toilet! And those who die and are buried!
These seekers have heart with which they do not understand! They have eyes with which they do not see! They have ears with which they no not hear! They are like animals. Nay, more misguided!
2) The powerlessness of the sought, the worshipped, the pursued:
The idol or the one pursued is so weak that even if an insignificant creature like a fly were to snatch something from it/him, it/he is so impotent to recover it back. Such a powerless dummy it/he is!
B. In Surah Faathir, the bankruptcy of the ones whom people invoke other than Allah is mentioned in an eloquent manner.
“He causes the night to enter the day, and He causes the day to enter the night and has subjected the sun and the moon – each running [its course] for a specified term. That is Allah, your Lord; to Him belongs sovereignty. And those whom you invoke other than Him do not possess [as much as] the membrane of a date seed.” (Surah Faathir 35: 13)
The false ‘gods/lords’ do not own anything! Not even the peel of a date seed!
Have you noticed a date seed? Try to remove its outer covering. It is so feeble and insignificant.
C. The combo’s helplessness is best explained in the story of Prophet Ibraheem alaihis salam.
“They said, “Have you done this to our gods, O Ibraheem?” (Surah al Ambiyaa 21: 62)
One fine day, when they saw all their idols except one broken and lying on the ground helplessly, they asked this question to Prophet Ibraheem:
What have you done to our ‘gods’? They are razed to ground. They are lying helplessly.
We made our ‘gods’, and you broke them!
The great Prophet (peace be upon him) immediately reminded them of their brains.
Why are you asking me? Ask them! The bigger idol must have done it! Seek answer from your ‘gods’!
They understood the weakness of their case but persisted in their idolatry:
They said ‘You know well that they do not speak’. (21: 65)
“He (Prophet Ibraheem) said, “Then do you worship instead of Allah that which does not benefit you at all or harm you? (21: 66)
You are worshipping such weaklings that can neither help you nor harm you!
“Fie upon you and upon all that you worship beside Allah. Don’t you have brains?” (Surah al Ambiyaa 21: 67)
The truth is as clear as broad daylight. If only man uses his senses!
May Allah save us all from the pitfalls of Shirk, associating partners with Him. Aameen.
May Allah guide us and bless us all. Aameen.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post of mine.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
April 9, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Fly, Ibadah, Idol worship, Islam, Muslims, Oneness of Allah, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Shirk, Tawheed, Worship in Islam, Worshiping Allah, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.