This ‘Tomorrow’ shall surely come!
The English idiom “Tomorrow never comes” is frequently taught in classrooms throughout the world. The logic behind this idiom is this: When the day that you are now calling “tomorrow” arrives, you will call that day “today” and a different day will be called “tomorrow.” Therefore, the students are told not to resolve to do something tomorrow, since that day will never arrive!
But in the inimitable Qur’an, Allah is promising man about the Tomorrow that is sure to come !
And how can it not be true when that Day would not follow the time schedule of 24 hours as we have today!
The Last Day would have brought a phenomenal shake up of the entire cosmos to establish the Day of Judgement, a different Day altogether – a Day whose duration is mentioned as fifty-thousand-years, a Day whose horrific nature would turn the children white-haired!
“O you who have believed, fear Allah. And let every soul look to what it has put forth for tomorrow – and fear Allah. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do” (Surah al Hashr 59: 18)
We need to have true faith in Allah and do as much of good deeds as possible, for this tomorrow is definitely going to come!
We must also remember that our good deeds alone will not come to our rescue.
We desperately need the Rahmah, the Mercy of Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aalaa, to gain entry into Jannah, Inshaa’Allah.
So we need to often supplicate to Allah to shower upon us His Mercy on the Day of Judgement, to shade us under His Shade on a Day when there will be no shade except that which will be provided by Allah alone.
While we eat and drink, enjoy and find happiness today, we should never ignore the Hereafter. Remember: We eat to live. We live to remember Allah, obey and worship Him alone. When our predestined time of living gets over, we will die. After we die, we will be resurrected. After resurrection, we will be presented to Allah.
Let me conclude by quoting an ayah which is also recalled and read at the time of burying a dead body in the grave!
“From this very earth We created you and to the same earth We shall cause you to return, and from it We shall bring you forth to life again” (Surah Taha 22: 55)
May Allah help us to live and die for His sake. Aameen.
May He make things easy for us on a tomorrow that is sure to come. Aameen.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 17, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | aakhirah, Accountability, Allah, Day of Judgement, Hereafter, Hisaab Kitaab, Islam, Jannah, Life after Death, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Qiyamah, Quran, Quran blog, Rahmah, Tomorrow never comes, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)