Allah is Ta’aala!
Tabaarak is one attributive title of Allah which we learned through a previous post here. Subhaana is another distinguished attributive of Allah which we alhamdulillaah discussed here.
Today, Inshaa’Allah, we will try to understand another attributive title Ta’aala.
Al ‘Aliyy, Al Muta’aal and Al ‘Alaa are lofty attributive Names of Allah – Al Asmaa al Husnaa – that come from the same root ‘ayn, laam, waw/yaa as Ta’aala.
The word Ta’aala means: 1) to rise, to be sublime, to become exalted 2) if used with preposition عن to rise far above, to be exalted above. This word is used exclusively to refer only to Allah, the Lord Almighty, and none else!
Subhaana and Ta’aala can be used together as a single distinguished phrase – SUBHAANAHU WA TA’AALA – and is mentioned at six places in the glorious Qur’an. Refer to these aayaat to learn better, Inshaa’Allah: Surah Al An’aam 6:100, Surah Yunus 10:18, Surah an-Nahl 16:1, Surah al Israa 17:43, Surah alr-Room 30: 40 and Surah Az-Zumar 39:67.
Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala is both, an exclusively distinguished phrase and the distinguishedly exclusive phrase attributed to Allah and Allah only. This noble phrase is used to negate all those unnatural, foolish, vulgar, illogical, derogatory and insulting references made by man to the Lord Almighty! Some attributions like Allah having a partner or a son or a daughter is so mean and unscientific that it can be rejected only through the utterance of the Allah-Himself-given-formula, Subhaanahu Wa Ta’aala: Glorified and Exalted is He above all such unworthy utterances and blasphemies.
One ayah which I simply love is mentioned below:
“Allah is the one who created you, then provided for you, then will cause you to die, and then will give you life. Are there any of your “partners” who does anything of that? Exalted is He and High Above what they associate with Him”. (Surah Ar-Room: 30:40)
In the following ayah, instead of the pronoun Hu, the Proper Name Allah comes between Subhaana and Ta’aala:
“And your Lord creates what He wills and chooses; not for them was the choice. Exalted is Allah and high above what they associate with Him” (Surah al Qasas 28: 68)
Whether the word Ta’aala comes together with Subhaana or is used separately as such, it is meant to glorify and exalt Allah above all unworthy attributives. The filth created by man in the form of idols and statues has to be rejected through reason and logic. People make statues and attributive them to be ‘gods’. Some sell their ‘gods’, many buy their gods! And after usage the helpless ‘gods’ are thrown in thrash: the poor use-and-throw ‘gods’! Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala ‘Amma Yushrikoon!
Let me conclude by quoting yet another glorious ayah of the inimitable Qur’an:
“So exalted is Allah, the Sovereign, the Truth; there is no deity except Him, Lord of the Noble Throne” (Surah al Mu’minoon 23: 116)
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post of mine.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
March 15, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Asmaa ul Husna: Attributive Names, Reflections | Al Aliy, Al Muta'aal, Al'ala, Allah, Asma ul Husna, Asmaa ul Husna: Attributive Names, Beautiful Names of Allah, Quran, Quran blog, Subhanallah, Taala, Tabaarak, Who is Allah, Yassarnalquran
7 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- Haya on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Haya on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.