The relationship between the Book and its Reading!
Dear brothers/sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
This is not a new post. As this is taken from a long article I wrote some years ago, alhamdulillah. The purpose of this post is to request all my dear readers to go through the points mentioned below, and share your thoughts about it or supplement it with other related points.
Your participation, Inshaa’Allah, will help in the process of understanding and presenting things in a better way. I want to write more on this topic. Thought of doing it differently, and so I expect new ideas from YOU. Jazakallahu Khayra. Vassalam.
The very word with which the Last and Final Divine Book relates itself to inspires one to exclaim:
Subhanallah! This undoubtedly is the Word of Almighty Allah!
When we try to understand the meaning of the word “Qur’aan”, its richness tends to weave a tapestry in the canvas of one’s mind.
The word “Qur’an” comes from the Arabic root Qa ra’a which means ‘he read, he recited’. It also means ‘the reading, the recitation’. The word is used in infinitive verbal form – and, quite obviously verb is nothing but action!
The relationship between reading and the Book is quite interesting.
Let us understand with the help of one example.
The scripture of Judaism and Christianity is called the ‘Bible’ which means ‘Book’.
The scripture of Islam is called the ‘Qur’an’ which means the ‘Reading’.
Book is a product. Reading is a process. The utility of a book can be realized only when somebody reads it. Otherwise it will be a dead thing on a shelf. It comes to life or animation only when its meaning begin to work in readers’ mind. A book is a non-entity, meaningless, lifeless.
Our Book has a name which lays emphasis on the process. The book comes to life only because it is read. What is to be read is the Qur’an! So in that way it establishes relationship with the Book.
NOW IT IS YOUR TURN TO SEND YOUR INPUTS, DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
You can send your ideas/inputs/references etc. through comments section by 27th February, Inshaa’Allah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
February 20, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Al Kitab, Bible, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Kalaamullah, Kitab Allah, Muslim's Holy Book, Quran, Quran blog, Reading, Reading Quran with understanding, Recitation, Scripture, Tayseerul Quran, Understanding Qur'an, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.