The effects of ungratefulness!
Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
After reading this and this news, some sadness loomed over me thinking if the first news was true, then it is definitely a bad news for the Ummah as a whole. The parable in Surah Al Nahl struck my mind.
This one ayah is sufficient for every sincere Muslim to understand the significance of being grateful to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala, and at the same time know the side effects of being ungrateful to one’s Sustainer!
“And Allah presents an example: a city which was safe and secure, its provision coming to it in abundance from every location, but it denied the favors of Allah. So Allah made it taste the envelopment of hunger and fear for what they had been doing.” (Surah An-Nahl 16:112)
Even though the parable here doesn’t specifically mention the name of the city, the scholars are of unanimous opinion that this example refers to the city of Makkah at the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Please read tafseer by Ibn Kathir
When Allah blesses an individual or a nation with abundance of wealth and provisions – be it material wealth or spiritual wealth – man must be grateful to Allah by entering Islam, fully and completely.
If any community persists in arrogance and adopts ungratefulness, then Allah will make that community taste the effects of putting on the twin garments: the garments of hunger and fear! Libaas al Joo’i wal Khauf.
The envelopment of hunger could be adversity amid plenty – you have so much wealth yet you are so poor in the world that even your existence is not counted, you are so powerless in the world that your economic richness carries no weight in deciding the affairs of the world, you are even not worth considered to be a world player. You are voiceless in world politics. Your nation is rich, yet you are poor. Your wealth is being enjoyed by those who are out and out to destroy your brothers in faith, your brotherly nations. Your tummy is full, and yet you are hungry!! A irony of sorts! Nay, it’s a punishment from the Lord of the Worlds!
The envelopment of fear could be the fear of insecurity. The fear of losing your power. The fear of losing your status. The fear of losing your own money which you have deposited in Swiss banks. The fear of economic freeze and sanctions! The fear of rebellion coming from those very people whom you befriend!
The only way out for Muslim individuals and Muslim nations is to seek Allah’s forgiveness, adopt istighfaar and recognise the significance of being grateful to Allah.
One way of being grateful to Allah is you start helping your brothers in faith. By being friendly and cooperative with Muslim nations. By giving preference to imaan over kufr, to Muslims over Yahood and Nasaara, to justice over injustice, to haqq over baatil, to friends of Allah over enemies of Allah. By extending a helping hand in piety and righteousness, not in sin, oppression and aggression!
Otherwise the wrath of Allah is here: keep wearing the garments of hunger and fear!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
February 15, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections, Shukr Vs Kufr | Allah, Allah is our Nourisher, barakah, Being grateful to Allah, Blessings, Fear, Friends of Allah, Help your brother, Hunger, Ibn Kathir, Islam, Kufr, Makkah, Muslim communities, Muslim nations, Muslims, Peace, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Saudi Arabia, Security, Shukr, Shukr Vs Kufr, Surah al Nahl, Tafseer, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.