Being a Mutawas’sim in an age of perdition!
Two days ago, while teaching Qur’anic recitation to a student, I came across this unique word in Surah al Hijr that attracted my attention. I started to find whether Allah has used this word in any other place in His Glorious Book. I found that this word is used only once in the complete Qur’an.
The Qur’an seeks to bring morals to the readers through historical narrations.
After telling about the people of Prophet Luut (alaihis salaam), their attitude towards a particular evil and how Allah brought an end to their existence, Allah mentions that in their story, there are signs for those who discern, portents for those who could read the signs, great signs for those endowed with intelligence, messages for those who read the signs!
‘There is truly a lesson in this for those who read the signs’ (Surah al Hijr: 15: 75)
mutawas’sim comes from the root wa-sa-ma which means signs, to guage, to see signs of some trait in someone
the active participle mutawas’sim means ‘one who infers or uses clues to read the signs’. In modern parlance mutawas’sim means ‘the one who reads the writings on the wall’.
We all know very well that the people of Prophet Luut were sodomites. They were steeped in perdition and had gone to the lowest depths of immorality.
Men finding sexual gratification with men! Same-sex mating in public and putting even animals hang their head in shame!
Today the world has its own ‘modern brand’ of breed: the lesbians and gays!
In the name of freedom, homo-sexuality has raised its dirty head and the world has gone to dogs when it comes to gay marriage or the same-sex marriage!
A cursory glance at these news reports will give you an idea as to where the world has gone!
In surahs At-Tawbah and Al Haaq’qah, Allah uses the word الْمُؤْتَفِكَاتُ – Al Mu’tafikaat – referring to the people of Prophet Luut (alaihis salaam). This word means ‘over-turned, upside down, topsy-turvy’.
The word ‘al Mu’tafikaat’ comes from the root ifk/afk (alif-fa-kaaf) which means ‘to lie, to deceive, falsehood, to turn upside down, to change the manner of things’.
Today these people, the gays and lesbians – the modern edition of sodomites – lie and deceive themselves when they say that they get ‘satisfied’ in mating with the same sex!
How can it be when you adopt unnatural ways to satisfy your natural urge!!
As the Qur’an succinctly puts it, these people have turned the natural laws upside down!
No wonder then the Almighty Lord says in the Qur’an:
‘We have created man in the fairest of form and then reduced him to the lowest of the low! (Surah at-Teen)
Let the world draw lessons from the story of the people of Prophet Luut (alaihis salaam)
The whole city of Sodom was overthrown!
The Dead Sea in the map of the world tells us to draw lessons from their story.
O modern man! Change your approach! Read the writings on the wall.
Be a Mutawassim! If only you have brains!
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
February 1, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Prophets of Islam, Reflections | Allah, American laws on gay marriage, Dead Sea, gay marriage, homosexual, Islam, islam and sexuality, Lesbian, Luut, Muslims, Palestine, Prophet Lut, Prophets, Quran, Quran blog, same sex marriage, sexual gratification, Sodom, sodomites, upside down, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.