Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
Most of you would have experienced that every year when the month of Rabi al Awwal arises in our life, e-mails start pouring in with arguments and counter-arguments on Prophet’s birthday. Islamic blogs and websites come up with hundreds of articles and posts on the topic Mawlid/Meelad-un-Nabi.
I feel that the most important historical incident that took place in the life history of our glorious Messenger – Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, is seldom discussed in this month!
Of course, at the start of the Islamic New Year, we rightly discuss and learn about Al Hijrah because it is the milestone that marked the very beginning of Islamic calendar.
But honestly telling, many Muslims do not know that the actual Hijrah of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, took place in the month of Rabi Al Awwal!
The Prophet had spent thirteen years and almost two months of his prophetic career in Makkah. On 27th Safar in the 14th year of Prophethood, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, left his house. The noble Messenger of Allah went to his trusted friend-companion Abu Bakr’s house and both of them made the hijrah together.
They took a route least expected. That route was on the south of Makkah leading to Yemen while Madinah was on the opposite direction, north of Makkah.
After staying in the Cave of Thawr for three days, on the 1st of Rabi al Awwal the Prophet, peace be upon him, started his journey to Madinah.
After eight days of travel, they reached Quba and stayed there for four days. And on 12thRabi al Awwal, the Messenger of Allah reached Yathrib, which later became popular as Madinatun Nabi, the City of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and Madinah al Munaw’warah (The Radiant City)
I would like my readers to understand the Hijrah Route of our glorious Prophet (peace be upon him).
I would request you to first go to the link given below, then continue reading it by clicking the red arrow you will see on your left. Then have your speakers on and read it second time while listening to the popular welcome song, Tala’al Badru Alaina, HIJRAH ROUTE
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-‘Alaihi Wa-Sallam.
Reference: Ar-Raheeq al Makhtoum.
Note: At the end of this post, you may find some advertisements. They are posted by WordPress and I do not have any control over them nor have I purchased the facility to remove them. Thank you for understanding.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
January 26, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Emigration, Hadith, Hijrah, Hijrah Route, Hijratun Nabi, Islam, Madinah, Makkah, Migration, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran blog, Rabi al Awwal, Route Map of Hijrah, Seerah, Turning point in Muslim History, Yassarnalquran, Yathrib
9 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.