Du’aas of Prophet Ibraheem عليه السلام
Presenting some of the du’aas of Prophet Ibraheem mentioned in the Qur’an. Since Hajj/Eid al Adha is an occasion to recall the services of Prophet Ibraheem, this is extracted from here as a sort of reminder to one and all.
Note: This is Part 3 🙂 on the series ‘Prophet Ibraheem in the Qur’an’. If you haven’t read the previous posts, then check out Part 1 and Part 2, Inshaa’Allah:
1. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام begging Allah to grant him a righteous child:
رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ
“My Lord, grant me [a child] from among the righteous.” (Surah As-Saf’faat 37: 100)
2. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام thanking Allah for blessing him with two sons, one after the other, during his old age:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي وَهَبَ لِي عَلَى الْكِبَرِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ إِنَّ رَبِّي لَسَمِيعُ الدُّعَاءِ
“All praise be to Allah Who, despite my old age, has given me Ismaeel and Ishaaq. Surely my Lord hears all prayers”. (Surah Ibraheem: 39)
3. Du’aa of Ibraheem and Ismaeel, father and son عليهما السلام after they completed the construction of Ka’bah:
رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلْ مِنَّا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ
رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِنَا أُمَّةً مُسْلِمَةً لَكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَا ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيمُ
“Our Lord, accept this service from us; You are All-Hearing and All-Knowing. Our Lord, make us Your Muslims (submissive servants) and also raise from our offspring a community which should be Muslim (submissive to Your Will). Show us the ways of Your worship and forbear our shortcomings: You are Forgiving and Merciful”. (Surah al Baqarah: 127 & 128)
4. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام asking Allah to make the City of Makkah a City of Peace, and also to keep him and his progeny safe and secure from worshipping the idols:
رَبِّ اجْعَلْ هَٰذَا الْبَلَدَ آمِنًا وَاجْنُبْنِي وَبَنِيَّ أَنْ نَعْبُدَ الْأَصْنَامَ
“My Lord! Make this city secure, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping the idols. (Surah Ibraheem: 35)
5. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام seeking knowledge and wisdom, and also the blessed company of the righteous:
رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ
“My Lord, endow me with knowledge and wisdom and join me with the righteous” (Surah Ash-Shu’araa: 83)
6. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام seeking honourable mention among posterity:
وَاجْعَلْ لِي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الْآخِرِينَ
“and grant me an honourable reputation among posterity”(Surah Ash-Shu’araa: 84)
7. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام asking Allah to make him and his family adopt consistency in Salah:
رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلَاةِ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي ۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاءِ
“My Lord! Enable me and my offspring to establish Prayer, and do accept, our Lord, this prayer of mine”. (Surah Ibraheem: 40)
8. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام seeking Paradise:
وَاجْعَلْنِي مِنْ وَرَثَةِ جَنَّةِ النَّعِيمِ
“and make me of those who will inherit the Garden of Bliss” (Surah Ash-Shu’araa: 85)
9. Du’aa of Ibraheem عليه السلام seeking forgiveness for himself, his parents and all the Believers on the Day of Judgement:
رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ
“Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and the believers on the Day when the reckoning will take place.” (Surah Ibraheem: 41)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 26, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Abraham in the Quran, Du'aa, Eid al Adha, Hajj, Ismaeel, Ismail, Makkah, Prophet Ibrahim, Quran, Quran blog, Supplications of Prophet Ibrahim, Yassarnalquran
3 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)