Visiting Masjid al Nabawi
Question: Some people believe that if a pilgrim is not able to visit Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi (the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah), their Hajj is incomplete. Is this true?
Answer: Visiting Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi is a Sunnah (supererogatory act of worship following the example of the Prophet) not Wajib (obligatory). It is not connected with Hajj; it is a Sunnah to visit Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi at any time of the year, not only at the time of Hajj, according to the saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him):
No journey should be undertaken except to three Masjids: Al-Masjid Al-Haram (the Sacred Mosque in Makkah), this Masjid of mine (the Prophet’s Mosque), and Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa (the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem). (Agreed upon by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said:
A Salah (Prayer) in my Masjid is a thousand times more superior than a Salah in any other Masjid, except Al-Masjid Al-Haram (Agreed upon by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
If a person visits Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi, it is prescribed for them to offer two Rak‘ahs (units of Prayer) in Al-Rawdah (area between the Prophet’s pulpit and grave) and then greet with Salam the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his two Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet), Abu Bakr and ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with them). It is also prescribed to visit Al-Baqi‘ and Al-Shuhada‘ (martyrs) to greet the Sahabah and others who are buried there, supplicate to Allah for them and invoke Him to be merciful to them, just like the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to visit them. He taught the Sahabah to say whenever they visited the graves: Peace be upon you, inhabitants of the abodes among the Mu’mins (believers) and Muslims. In sha’a-Allah (if Allah wills), we will join you. We ask Allah for well-being for ourselves and for you.
In another narration reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him):
He used to say when he visited Al-Baqi‘: May Allah have mercy on those who have gone ahead of us and those who will come later on. O, Allah forgive the people of Baqi‘ Al-Gharqad.
It is also prescribed for those who visit Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi to visit the ‘Masjid of Quba’ (a town near Madinah where the Prophet established the first mosque) and offer two Rak‘ahs there, because the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to visit it and offer two Rak‘ahs there on Saturdays.
He (peace be upon him) said: If a person purifies themselves at home then goes to Masjid Quba’ to offer Salah, they will receive a reward equal to that of performing ‘Umrah (lesser pilgrimage).
These are the places that should be visited in Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah. However, regarding the Seven Masjids, Al-Qiblatayn Masjid (The Mosque of the Two Qiblahs) and other places mentioned by some people as necessary to visit, this is groundless and there is no evidence on it. A Mu’min should always follow and imitate, not innovate something new in religion. May Allah grant us success! Aameen.
Taken from Alifta.com
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 25, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Muqeet's (assorted) | Hadith, Hajj, Islam, Madinah, Makkah, Masjid al Aqsa, Muslim, Muslims, No to grave worship, Prophet's Mosque, Quran blog, Seerah, Sunnah, Virtues of visiting Prophet's Mosque, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)