She ran for water, we run having water!
Sa’ee – the act of running between As-Safa and Al Marwah – is an important pillar of Hajj.
It reminds us of the great struggle of Hajira (or Hajar), the blessed wife of Prophet Ibraheem عليه السلام and the great mother of Prophet Ismaeel عليه السلام.
History is witness to the fact that this great mother ran between two mountains called As-Safa and Al Marwa in her anxiety to fetch water for the crying and thirsty child, Ismaeel.
She ran from pillar to post to find water, the source of life.
It was not an ordinary running. It was a great struggle of a mother to provide water to her child. In the midst of a desert surrounded by mountains. And no human population around!
Imagine how sad and pained the mother would have been!
When the child cries and if the mother can’t find water, she runs into stress. The stress of seeing the child crying! The pain of not finding water to quench the thirst of her baby!
Even in normal conditions, a mother can’t afford to see her baby crying. The moment a mother sees her child’s face changing, she understands the signals and jumps to hug the child even before he starts crying!
The impulse from mothers is spontaneous.
We can imagine how horrifying it would have been on Hajira when she, on the one hand, saw her son crying because of thirst and, on the other hand, couldn’t find water!
She was thirsty and her loving son was thirsty!
The helplessness must have been almost killing on her!
Dear brothers and sisters, we know the story that Allah thereafter provided cool, refreshing waters of Zam Zam. And the rest is history!
Allah liked the sincere act of a Muslim mother so much that He included Sa’ee to be an important part of Hajj and Umrah. Everyone must run in her memory. (Find some points here and some hadeeth here)
Sa’ee means endeavor, strife, effort.
The purpose of Sa’ee is to instill the concept that nothing in life can be achieved without struggle!
Today’s situation is different from olden days. The Saudi Government has kept water coolers filled with Zam Zam water on both sides of the corridors.
While in Sa’ee I noticed that people drink water and walk between As-Safa and Al Marwah. Some hold glasses of water and run!
What a tragedy of sorts! A paradox perhaps!
Hajira ran to fetch water. You run drinking water!
She ran to find that which was not traceable. You run in the midst of plenty!
Today everything is becoming easy!
Hajj itself means struggle. But modern convenience is making people lose sight of higher goals of Shariah.
Zam Zam water in the Sa’ee zone must be used only in case of emergency.
Focus must be on du’aa and dhikr.
We must realise that we won’t die if we don’t drink water while performing Sa’ee.
And if we die, wouldn’t it be a great death?
The great lady’s sacrifice and struggle must be fresh in mind. You won’t feel like drinking water!
What is your opinion on Makkah Metro? Do you think it is diluting the spirit of hajj?
Those willing to participate, please send in your comments, Inshaa’Allah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 25, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Muqeet's (assorted) | Abraham, Five Pillars of Islam, Hagar, Hajar, Hajira, Hajj, Islam, Makkah, Marwa, Muslims, Prophet Ibrahim, Saee, Safa, Zam Zam
8 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The only ayah that was revealed inside Ka'bah
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.