Prophet Ibraheem in the Qur’an, Part 2
Presenting more Qur’anic insight into the life and times of Prophet Ibraheem عليه السلام
Young Ibraheem: Caller to Allah, Scene 1 (Dawah begins from home!)
“And mention in the Book (the story of) Ibraheem. Verily he was a man of truth, a Prophet.
When he said to his father: “O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything?
“O my father! Verily there has come to me of the knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me, I will guide you to the Straight Path.
“O my father! Worship not Satan. Verily Satan has been a rebel against the Most Gracious.
“O my father! Verily I fear lest a torment from the Most Gracious should overtake you, so that you become a companion of Satan.
He (the father) said: “Do you reject my gods, O Ibraheem? If you stop not, I will indeed stone you. So get away from my presence.”
Ibraheem said: “Peace be on you! I will ask Forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily He is unto me Ever Most Gracious.
“And I shall turn away from you and from those whom you invoke besides Allah. And I shall call upon my Lord and I hope that I shall not be unblessed in my invocation to my Lord.” (Surah Mar’yam 19: 41-48)
Young Ibraheem: Calling People to Islam, Scene 2 (Dawah goes public!)
And (remember) Ibraheem when he said to his people: “Worship Allah (Alone), and fear Him: that is better for you if you did but know.
“You worship besides Allah only idols, and you only invent falsehood. Verily, those whom you worship besides Allah have no power to give you provision: so seek your provision from Allah (Alone), and worship Him (Alone), and be grateful to Him. To Him (Alone) you will be brought back.
“And if you deny, then nations before you have denied (their Messengers). And the duty of the Messenger is only to convey (the Message) plainly.” (Surah al Ankabuut 29: 16-18)
Initial, General Response to Ibraheem’s Call (The stupidity of human mind!)
“Recall, when he (Ibraheem) said to his father and his people: “What are these statues (and images) to which you are devoutly clinging?”
They said, “We found our fathers worshipping them.”
He said, “You were certainly, you and your fathers, in manifest error.”
The Argument and Prophet Ibraheem’s Firm Response:
They said: “Have you brought us the truth, or are you one of those who play about?”
He said: “Nay, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, Who created them and to that I am one of the witnesses.
“And by Allah, I shall plot a plan (to destroy) your idols after you have gone away and turned your backs.” (Surah al Anbiyaa 21: 52-57)
Ibraheem’s wisdom: Putting sense in people’s mind!
Then did he turn to their gods and said, “Will you not eat (Of the offerings before you)?.
“What is the matter with you that you speak not?”
Then did he turn upon them, striking (them) with the right hand. (Surah As-Saf’faat 37: 91-93)
” So he broke them to pieces, (all) except the biggest of them, that they might turn to it.
They said: “Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be one of the wrong-doers.”
They said: “We heard a young man talking against them, who is called Ibrahim.”
They said: “Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may testify.” (Surah al Anbiyaa 21: 58- 61)
“Then people came to him running” (Surah As-Saf’faat 37: 94)
They said: “Are you the one who has done this to our gods, O Ibrahim?”
Ibrahim said: “Nay, this one, the biggest of them (idols) did it. Ask them, if they can speak!”
So they turned to themselves and said: “Verily, you are the wrong-doers.”
Then they turned to themselves (to their first thought and said): “Indeed you [Ibrahim] know well that these (idols) speak not!”
[Ibrahim] said: “Do you then worship besides Allah, things that can neither profit you, nor harm you?
“Fie upon you, and upon that which you worship besides Allah! Have you then no sense?” (Surah al Anbiyaa 21: 62-67)
After the confrontation, Bankruptcy of disbelievers’ arguments:
They said: “Burn him and help your gods, if you are indeed willing to do something.” (Surah al Anbiyaa 21: 68)
They said: “Build for him a (furnace-like) building and throw him into the blazing fire!” (Surah As-Saf’faat 37: 97)
Prophet Ibraheem’s Most Powerful Statement!
Ibn ‘Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated:
“When (Prophet) Ibraheem was thrown into the fire, he said: “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”: “Allah (Alone) is sufficient for us, and, He is the Best Disposer of affairs.” Read this post on حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل
The Lord of the Worlds responds, and rescues His Friend!
“We (Allah) said: “O fire! Be you coolness and safety for Ibraheem!” (Surah al Anbiyaa 21: 69)
“And they wanted to harm him, but We made them the worst losers” (Surah al Anbiyaa 21: 70)
Read part 1 here
Other Related Links:
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 23, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Muqeet's (assorted) | Abraham, Abrahamic faith, Allah, Allah is our Protector, hadeeth, Hajj, hasbunallahu wa ni'mal wakeel, Ibadah, Idol worship, Kufr, Life of Prophet Ibrahim, Makkah, Monotheism, Muslims, Polytheism, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Shirk, Worshiping One True God, Yassarnalquran
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.