Prophet Ibraheem in the Qur’an, Part 1
Hajj season is an occasion to recall the inspiring life and times of Prophet Ibraheem عليه السلام
His name is mentioned 69 times in the Qur’an. Presenting here some selected verses discussing the Story of Ibraheem (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
Ibraheem, Khaleel-ul-lah, Friend of Allah:
“And who is better in religion than one who submits himself to Allah while being a doer of good and follows the religion of Ibraheem, inclining toward truth? And Allah took Ibraheem as an intimate friend”. (Surah An-Nisaa 4: 125)
Leader of Mankind:
“Recall to mind that when his Lord put Ibraheem to test in certain things and he fulfilled all of them, He said, “I am going to make you the leader of mankind.” Ibraheem humbly asked, “Does this promise apply to my descendants also?” He replied, “My promise does not apply to the transgressors.” (Surah al Baqarah 2: 124)
Part of the fraternity of Allah’s Prophets and Messengers:
“(O Muhammad), We have sent revelations to you just as We sent to Noah and the Prophets who came after him. We also sent revelations to Ibraheem, Ishma’il, Ishaaq, Ya’qoob, his descendants, ‘Īsa, Ayyub, Yunus, Harun, and Sulayman, and to Dawud We gave the Zabuur” (Surah An-Nisaa 4:163)
“and We bestowed upon him (offspring like) Ishaaq and Ya’qoob, and bestowed prophethood and the Book on his descendants and granted him his reward in this world; he will certainly be among the righteous in the Hereafter” (Al Ankabuut 29: 27)
A great Muslim:
“Ibraheem was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah]. And he was not of the polytheists.” (Surah Aal Imran 3: 67)
A Role Model:
Surely the people who have the best claim to a relationship with Ibraheem are those who followed him in the past, and presently this Prophet (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) and those who believe in him; Allah is the guardian of the men of faith.” (Surah Aal Imran 3: 68)
“There has already been for you an excellent pattern in Ibraheem and those with him, when they said to their people, “Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah. We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone” except for the saying of Ibraheem to his father, “I will surely ask forgiveness for you, but I have not [power to do] for you anything against Allah. Our Lord, upon You we have relied, and to You we have returned, and to You is the destination” (Surah al Mumtahinah 60: 4)
Young Ibraheem’s Rejection of Polytheism & Affirmation of Monotheism, Scene 1
“And recall when Ibraheem said to his father, Azar: ‘Do you take idols for gods? I see you and your people in obvious error.
And thus We showed Ibraheem the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, so that he might become one of those who have sure faith.
Then, when the night outspread over him, he beheld a star, and said: ‘This is my Lord.’ But when it went down, he said: ‘I do not love the things that go down’.
Then, when he beheld the moon rising, he said: ‘This is my Lord!’ But when it went down, he said: ‘Were that my Lord did not guide me, I surely would have become among the people who have gone astray.’
And when he saw the sun rising, he said, “This is my lord; this is greater.” But when it set, he said, “O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah.
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah.” (Surah al An-aam 6: 74-79)
Young Ibraheem’s Rejection of Polytheism & Affirmation of Monotheism, Scene 2
“And recount to them the story of Abraham:
when he asked his father and his people: “What do you worship?”
They answered: “There are some idols that we worship and are devoted to them with constancy.”
He asked: “Do they hear you when you call them.
or do they cause you any benefit or harm?”
They answered: “No; but we found our forefathers doing so.”
He said, “Then do you see what you have been worshipping,
You and your ancient forefathers?
Indeed, they are enemies to me, except the Lord of the worlds,
“Who created me, and it is He who guides Me;
“Who gives me food and drink,
“And when I am ill, it is He who cures Me;
“Who will cause Me to die, and then will give life (again);
“And Who, I hope, will forgive me My faults on the Day of Judgement”. (Surah Ash-Shu’araa 26: 69-82)
……….Read Part 2 of this post here, Inshaa’Allah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
October 20, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Hajj related, Muqeet's (assorted) | Aaron, Abraham, Ayyub, Christian, David, Dawud, God-man relationship, Hajj, Haroon, Ishaaq, Islam, Islam a way of life, Ismail, Jacob, Jew, Job, Jonah, Monotheism, Muslim, Muslims, Noah, Polytheism, Prophet Ibrahim, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Solomon, Sulayman, Tawheed, Unity of God, Worship Allah, Worship the Creator not the creation, Yaqoob, Yassarnalquran, Yunus
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Taaghuut. What is Taaghuut?
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Taaghuut. What is Taaghuut? February 26, 2017
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.