Welcome to the Grand Opening
A Muslim logs in to the Qur’an by using the prophetic password Ta’woodh and Tasmiah* and enters the amazing World of Spiritual Bliss through its Grand Opening, Al Fatihah. He knows very well that he must begin every act of his in the name of Allah and that anything which is begun not in Allah’s name is deprived of all blessings.
Beginning in the name of Allah, a Muslim submits to the fact that all praise can only belong to the Rabb, the Lord whose Mercy engulfs all beings. Such a Lord is the Creator, Nourisher, Cherisher, Protector and Controller of not only this world but a million other worlds.
Repeating the two most distinctly sublime Attributes – Ar Rahmaan and Ar Raheem, a Muslim testifies that Allah is not only the Most Gracious but also He – and He alone – is the Mercy-giving and that He alone is the Dispenser of Grace.
A Muslim also understands and accepts the fact that this is only a transitory world and that there is going to be another world whose Owner is none other than the One Who owns this world. That the Rabb of all that exists is the Malik of the Day of Judgement!
This makes a Muslim recognize that this temporal world is intrinsically connected to the perpetual world. That this world (dunya) is a bridge to the other world (aakhirah).
Such a powerful Lord – the Creator, Nourisher, Cherisher, Protector and Controller of everything – alone deserves to be worshipped. He alone is worthy of obedience and submission. The One Whose Like is nowhere to be found alone has the right to be worshipped.
What a realization of all times, the realization that saves a person from a million other prostrations!
Having come to realize such a great fact, a Muslim now makes a personal and direct address:
You alone we worship and, by corollary O Lord, from You alone we seek help!
The Lord of all that exists alone can help. He alone can come to rescue. Not the false deities manufactured in the factory of one’s imagination!
After having consciously accepted two facts: That the other world – the world to come – is of prime importance and that the One Who is worshipped alone has the Capacity to Help, a Muslim then makes the priority supplication:
“O Allah! Show us the Straight Path”. The world seems to a spiritual supermarket, O Lord put us onto the Right Path. We do not want to commit the folly of entering a No Entry!
In his humble but glorious supplication, a Muslim is not making his request in wilderness. He is specific and to the point. He specifies the path by consciously refusing to go the way of ‘those who have earned Allah’s wrath’ and of ‘those who have gone astray’. He clearly seeks ‘the Path of those righteous people who have had the fortune of Your Favour’, the Path that leads to You, O Lord!
Delighted over the servant’s prayer, the Lord of the Worlds shows him the ‘Straight Path’ by Revealing the entire Qur’an. Subhanallah!
‘A straight line is the shortest distance between two points and is therefore unique.’ **
* Tawoodh is to seek refuge in Allah by saying: A’oozhu billahi minash shaythaanir rajeem
* Tasmiah is to say: Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
** Quote taken from ‘A Thematic Commentary on the Qur’an’ by Shaykh Muhammad al Ghazali
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 22, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections, Surah al Fatihah | aakhirah, Allah, Chapter 1, Cherisher, Controller, Creator, Day of Judgement, dunya, Islam, Lord, Malik, Mercy, Muslims, Nourisher, obedience, Protector, Quran, Quran blog, Rabb, Raheem, Rahman, Ramadan, Siraat al Mustaqeem, Straight Line, Straight Path, Surah al Fatiha, Worship, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.