When will this mass slaughter stop?
At the outset, let me say that I do not intend to hurt or make fun of anyone. I am addressing this post to everyone’s reason and logic, and not to anyone’s emotions and sentiments. Thank you and Jazakallah Khayr.
Al Qur’an is a Book whose first chapter begins in the name of Allah and the last chapter ends with seeking refuge in Allah. Between these two, flows life as such.
How fortunate are those Muslims who are able to read the Qur’an in an excellent manner. Also, how fortunate are those Muslims who are able to listen to the Qur’an being read in an excellent way.
And how terrible it is to stand behind an Imaan offering taraweeh prayers in a ridiculous way!
Terrible, not because you are standing for prayer. Terrible, because this person whom you call as an ‘imaam’ is a butcher of a different kind!
Not an ordinary butcher. An accomplished mass slaughterer!! The one who indulges in mass slaughtering of the Qur’anic verses. Fracturing a verse here, breaking a limb there! Creating distortion and spreading corruption – all in the Way of Allah! In the name of Allah! With the Kalaam (Speech) of Allah! And in the very House of Allah!!
The wide-spread slaughter of Quranic verses in the name of Taraweeh must be condemned in the strongest possible terms.
I wish Hazrat Umar ibn al Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) come back to life and whip all those Imaams who lead taraweeh prayers for the heck of taraweeh!
What is the purpose of Taraweeh? To listen to the Qur’an. To spend active time in conscious worship of Allah. To develop closeness with Allah. To uplift oneself, spiritually. To be thankful to Allah for revealing the Qur’an.
But no! Now, Taraweeh is not for listening to the Qur’an, it is to finish the Qur’an!
Not to stand in conscious devotion, it is to do unconscious physical exercise!
Not to uplift oneself spiritually, it is to get the iftaar food digested! (so that you can get back home and eat a lot!!)
Not to develop closeness with Allah, it is to play an indoor T20 match!
Not to be thankful to Allah, it is to get rid of the heavy burden laid upon the shoulders!
As Allama Iqbal says: Reh Gaye Rasm-e-Azaan, Rooh-e-Bilali Na Rahe! Only the form remains, and the spirit is missing!
The management of the mosques and all the Imaams leading Taraweeh prayers must understand that Taraweeh is not a T20 cricket match to bat and bowl wildly and finish it off in a given time-frame!
We also need to understand that completing Twenty Rak’ahs or reciting the whole Qur’an in Taraweeh is not compulsory. Listening to the Qur’an attentively and reciting the Qur’an at a moderate speed and in a beautiful manner – these aspects are not only compulsory but they should also become every Muslim’s prime concern.
Humility, tranquility, remembrance and reflection are important elements of Taraweeh Prayer. We all need to connect to these missing links, Inshaa’Allah.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq, Hidayah and Istiqaamah to live by His guidance. Aameen.
Jazakumullah Khayra for reading this post of mine.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 18, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN | Allah, Butcher, Congregation, Fasting, Humility, Imaam, Islam, Jamaah, Khushoo, Leader, Masjid, Masjid committee, Mass slaughter, Mosque, Night Prayers, Prayers, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic recitation, Ramadan, Ramadhan, Reading, Recitation, Remembrance, Salah, T20, Taraweeh, Tilawah, Yassarnalquran, Zikr
20 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The only ayah that was revealed inside Ka'bah
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Blog at WordPress.com.