A Letter to all Muslim Brothers…about Sisters!
Dear brothers in Islam, Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah.
This is to request all Muslim men – brothers, husbands, fathers, fathers-in-law and sons – to consider these two principal verses of the Glorious Qur’an and appreciate the graciousness of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala.
Salah (Prayer) and Sawm (Fasting) are two most important pillars of Islam. The interesting point to note is that Allah, while enjoining these obligatory acts of worship, uses a particular phrase that needs our attention, and because of which I said we must appreciate the graciousness of Allah, and of course the humane aspect of Islam.
“O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles. And if you are in a state of janabah, then purify yourselves. But if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and do not find water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands with it. Allah does not intend to make difficulty for you, but He intends to purify you and complete His favor upon you that you may be grateful.” (Surah al Maa’idah 5: 6)
“The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey – then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.”. (Surah al Baqarah 2: 185)
This is Allah and Allah’s Way! Subhanallah!
Unfortunately we men make the life of our women so difficult and horrible! More so in the month of Ramadhaan!!
As Muslims, we have to pray. We have to fast. We includes women as well. But unfortunately men take it for granted that a woman’s job is more at the kitchen than at the Sajjadah (Prayer mat)
We witness our mothers and sisters working tirelessly in this month. As if Ramadhaan comes for them to cook and serve men and family!! (and of course serve themselves, too!)
My intention is not to hurt anyone here. It is to remind all of us – Muslim men including myself – that cooking is important and eating as well. But there should be a method and a limit for that.
Ramadhaan is for fasting, not feasting!
We must think that women – our mothers, wives, sisters and daughters – too are bound by the rules and regulations of Fasting and Ibadaah as we are. They too have to pray and fast. They too have to read more of the Qur’an as we desire to read. They too must take adequate rest so that they too can offer Qiyam al Layl.
How tragic and disgusting it is to see women spending most of their time in Kitchen, cooking this, cooking that, as if our fasting will not be accepted by Allah if we don’t eat a particular dish!!
Let us stop this ‘Ramadhaan Madness’ this Ramadhaan, Inshaa’Allah.
And our dear sisters must also realise that in some way or the other they are also responsible for this Ramadhaan mess. In their desire to make good dishes in Ramadhaan, they spend more time in cooking and less time in doing Ibaadah. Time Management is essential in Ramadhaan.
Islam is a balanced way of life. Due to our lack of understanding and application of things, let us not make a mockery of the Muslim way of life!
Let me conclude by quoting another gracious verse from the Noble Qur’an:
“Allah wants to lighten your burdens, for man was created weak”. (Surah an-Nisaa 4: 28)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
July 15, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN, Reflections | Allah, Attitude, Burden, Cooking, Difficulty, Ease, Fasting, Fasting not feasting, Graciousness, Islam, Islamic, Kindness in Islam, Kitchen, Letter, Men, Muqeet, Muslim way of life, Muslim Women, Muslims, Prayer, Quran, Quran blog, Quran website, Rahmah, Ramadan, Ramadhan, Salah, Sawm, Women, Women at work, Yassarnalquran
30 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.