Summer, Heat and the Hell-fire
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Gulf News, a popular newspaper here in UAE, reports that 20th June 2012 is going to be the longest day of the year.
Let us first have a glance at some highlights of this news before we proceed to draw some lessons:
“People in the UAE will on Wednesday experience the longest day of the year like other countries in the earth’s northern hemisphere.
The phenomenon, called summer solstice, is on June 20 to 21 when the sun rays fall perpendicularly on the earth’s Tropic of Cancer at 23°30’ North latitude. The UAE, located close to the tropic and experts have estimated the day at some 13 hours and 42 minutes long in Dubai.
On this day, the winter season starts on the southern hemisphere of the earth. People living in the south of the equator have the shortest day. The sun, however, shows no mercy in the region close to the Tropic of Cancer.
The UAE has been suffering from the severe heat for the last several days and ground level temperature has exceeded beyond 50 degrees Celsius in some internal areas. The official weather forecast always indicates atmospheric temperature that is three to four degree less than the ground level temperature.”
While making ablution some days ago for zuhr prayer, unconsciously I screamed: Ya Allah! Wa qeena azaaban-naar. (O Allah! Save us from the torment of the Hell-fire) The tap water was so hot. As if you pour boiling water on yourself!
When we think of the Day of Judgement and the punishment of the Jahannum, we really get scared. We are not able to tolerate this summer heat. We complain that the days are long and nights are shorter in Summer! How are we going to tolerate the Day of Judgement, a day that will be equal to that of 50,000 years!
Consider the warning issued by Allah to those who stayed back during the expedition to Tabook:
“Those who remained behind rejoiced in their staying [at home] after [the departure of] the Messenger of Allah and disliked to strive with their wealth and their lives in the cause of Allah and said, “Do not go forth in the heat.” Say, “The fire of Hell is more intensive in heat” – if they would but understand.” (Surah Tawbaah: 9: 81)
Some months ago, I was teaching about the description of the Hell and a hadeeth came up for discussion. This authentic hadeeth shocked and scared all the students in the class. Its about the depth of the pit of Jahannum. According to this hadeeth, it is mentioned that if a stone were to be dropped from the top of Jahannum, it will take seventy years for that stone to reach the Hell’s bottom!! Allahu Akbar!
“These are the ones who pray: ‘Our Lord! We do indeed believe, so forgive us our sins and keep us safe from the chastisement of the Fire” (Surah Aal-e-Imran: 3: 16)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
12 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)