When Truth crushes falsehood…!
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.
Today I would like to discuss verse number 18 of Surah al Anbiyaa. An extremely beautiful and a lovely verse! Mashaaallah!
This verse speaks about the nature of Truth and Falsehood in such a candid and lucid way that one falls in love with it.
Every sensible human being will accept the fact that the Lord Almighty is the Ultimate Truth.
In fact one of the beautiful names of Allah, the Lord Almighty, is that He is ‘The Truth’ (Al Haqq)
So whatever emanates from the Almighty Lord is nothing but the Truth.
No wonder then that The Truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters!
The Arabic word used for truth is ‘al haqq’ الحقّ and al Baatil الباطل is used to refer to falsehood.
Now, let us read this beautiful verse of Surah al Anbiyaa:
“Nay, We hurl the Truth at falsehood so that it (the Truth) crushes it (falsehood), and lo! it (falsehood) vanishes. Woe to you for what you utter!” (21: 18)
Let us understand the key words:
بل means nay! This is a particle denoting turning away from or dismissing what precedes it and retrieving or confirming what follows it.
نقذف comes from qadhafa which means we hurl, we pelt (here, we is not used in plural form but is used to denote respect)
بالحقّ with the truth
على on, at
الباطل falsehood, vanity, untrue, futile, void
فيدمغه the word fayadmaghuhu is the most interesting part of this verse. This word comes from damagha which means brain, to fracture a skull, to kill by a blow to the head, to vanquish, to destroy.
Yadmaghu – to break the head of, to annihilate, to vanquish
so fayadmaghuhu means ‘then it smashed its brain’!
زاهق Zahiq – one who vanishes, dies, expires. This word comes from zahaqa which means to expire, to run out, to pass away, to die, to vanquish, to disappear, to meet defeat.
Read the interpretation of the above mentioned verse again:
“Nay! We hurl the Truth against Falsehood and it (the Truth) crushes it (falsehood), and lo! it vanishes!”
We know that when the Truth is hurled at falsehood, the truth triumphs destroying falsehood completely!
Only the Truth remains then and falsehood disappears!
The following verse of Surah Bani Israeel sums up the discussion in an elegant manner:
“And declare: Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Falsehood (by its nature) is bound to vanish! (17: 81)
In this verse the word ‘zahooq’ is used which means ‘that which is given, or much susceptible to vanishing’. Obviously falsehood by its nature is bound to vanish and disappear one day or the other!
At the peaceful conquest of Makkah, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) recited this verse (17: 81) after the removing all traces of barbarism, polytheism and idolatry from the land of Arabia. He literally pushed down the idols kept around Ka’bah by the then pagan Arabs while he was reciting this verse.
Thus glorious Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) announced the triumph of Truth over falsehood. He testified and declared to the people of the world that the way of life he preached and practiced is here in this world to stay till the end of time!
All attempts to wipe out Islam will ultimately face failure because one can’t simply destroy the Truth. (Refer this verse)
If one still has doubt about the truthfulness of Qur’an and yet persists in falsehood, then ‘woe to you for what you utter!’
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
Related Post: Inspiring Verses of All Times
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
May 25, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, baatil, Batil, falsehood, Haq, haqq, Islam, Islam is here to stay, Islam the dominant religion, Prophet Muhammad, Quran commentary, Quran is the Truth, satyame jayate, Surah al ambiya, The Victory, This is the Truth, truth, Truth has come from your Lord, Truth triumphs, Truth Vs Falsehood, Victory to Truth, Yassarnalquran
6 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.