Arabic cannot be a foreign language!
Dear sisters and brothers, Assalamu Alaikum.
At the outset, I thank two sisters – Sr. Aisha and Sr. Naseem Ejaz – and two brothers – Br. Muhammad Munawar and Br Mofiz Ahmad – for responding to my request through the previous post: Is Arabic a foreign language?
Sr. Aisha quotes Ayah 3 of Surah Zukhruf and says that Arabic is not a foreign language!
“We verily, have made it a Qur’an in Arabic, that you may be able to understand (its meanings and its admonitions).” (43: 3)
Br. Munawar’s answer is interesting. He says both yes and no.
“Yes [because Allah made us into nations and tribes to know each other, possibly by language, location etc]
No [because it is the preserved language of the Qur’an, everyone shall access the Qur’an in Arabic to know its message]”.
Br. Mofiz says:
“Arabic is not a foreign language because the Holy Qur’an is in Arabic which is for the whole mankind not for one country/tribe/community. It is a manual for the human”
Sr. Naseem Ejaz, through e-mail says:
“My answer is No – Arabic is not a foreign language. If we can adopt English from 4 years of our life as a language of education, why can’t we do the same with Arabic – it should be easier for us to understand as our mother tongue Urdu is in the same script (almost)!”
I am of the strong view that Arabic cannot be a foreign language for Muslims.
Without repeating the points shared by our brothers and sisters, I would like to supplement some points:
What is foreign?
Something that doesn’t belong to you is foreign!
Something that is situated outside a place is foreign!
Something that is alien in character is foreign!
The moment you say something is foreign, you are creating a division of ‘they’ and ‘us’, you are passing the buck, you try to deviate the focus and you are not relating it to you!
Why a Muslim is far away from Arabic?
It’s mainly because he thinks that Arabic is foreign! In reality it would mean: It doesn’t belong to me!!
At a broader level if you discuss, we have to understand that Islam doesn’t recognises geographical boundaries and borders. The world is one nation!
“Verily this community of yours is one community and I am your Lord, so worship Me” (21; 92)
We need to understand that the Book of Allah – the glorious Qur’an – which is in Arabic language is the Book of Guidance Par Excellence. We need to learn the language in order to understand the Guidance directly from the Qur’an.
To conclude, I leave this for you to think over:
Our whole life revolves around the Kalimah Tayyibah which is in Arabic language. And if say Arabic is foreign, are we not trying to separate the foundation from the building?
PS: Dear sisters and brothers, whatever I felt and understood with my little knowledge I have described here. For all right things, I praise and thank Allah. And I pray to Allah to protect us from any misguidance. Aameen.
Some related and interesting arguments can be read here
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
7 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Muhammad Shariful Islam on The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.