Better Deeds, Best Reward
Dear sisters and brothers, Assalamu Alaikum.
This is the 5th part on the series ‘Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin’. Links to Part 1 to 4 can be found here
Bismillah……To those who spend their life in this world striving for excellence, Allah guarantees that He will reward them in the most befitting manner.
لِيُكَفِّرَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ أَسْوَأَ الَّذِي عَمِلُوا وَيَجْزِيَهُمْ أَجْرَهُمْ بِأَحْسَنِ الَّذِي كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ
“So that Allah may expiate from them the evil of what they did and give them the reward, according to the best of what they used to do” (39:35)
وَقِيلَ لِلَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا مَاذَا أَنْزَلَ رَبُّكُمْ ۚ قَالُوا خَيْرًا ۗ لِلَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا فِي هَٰذِهِ الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةٌ ۚ وَلَدَارُ الْآخِرَةِ خَيْرٌ ۚ وَلَنِعْمَ دَارُ الْمُتَّقِينَ
“And when the Allah-fearing are asked: “What has your Lord revealed?” they answer: “Something excellent!” Good fortune in this world awaits those who do good; and certainly the abode of the Hereafter is even better for them. How excellent is the abode of the Allah-fearing!” (16:30)
In Surah Al Rahman, Allah makes an eloquent statement:
هَلْ جَزَاءُ الْإِحْسَانِ إِلَّا الْإِحْسَانُ
“Can the reward of goodness be any other than goodness?” (55:60)
In Surah al Qasas, Allah makes a goodly promise, Wa’dan Hasana:
أَفَمَنْ وَعَدْنَاهُ وَعْدًا حَسَنًا فَهُوَ لَاقِيهِ كَمَنْ مَتَّعْنَاهُ مَتَاعَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ثُمَّ هُوَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ مِنَ الْمُحْضَرِينَ
“Then is he whom We have promised a good promise which he will obtain like he for whom We provided enjoyment of worldly life [but] then he is, on the Day of Resurrection, among those presented [for punishment in Hell]?” (28:61)
In Surah Saad, Allah announces ‘nearness’ and an ‘excellent place of return’:
وَإِنَّ لَهُ عِنْدَنَا لَزُلْفَىٰ وَحُسْنَ مَآبٍ
“Indeed an exalted place of nearness awaits him and an excellent resort” (38:40)
The Great Magnanimity of Almighty Allah is distinctly evident from this verse of Surah al Qasas:
مَنْ جَاءَ بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ خَيْرٌ مِنْهَا ۖ وَمَنْ جَاءَ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلَا يُجْزَى الَّذِينَ عَمِلُوا السَّيِّئَاتِ إِلَّا مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ
“If any does good, the reward to him is better than his deed; but if any does evil, the doers of evil are only punished (to the extent) of their deeds” (28:84)
The reward for being righteous in this world is not just Paradise, it is even more. The beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) reveals this fact in the following hadith:
Suhaib (radhi allahu anahu) reports that the Messenger of Allah said,
“When men of Paradise will be settled in their abodes, Allah will ask them if they liked that He should give them something more. Men of Paradise will reply, “Hast not You brightened our faces, saved us from Hell and given us Paradise? (What else is there we shall desire now?) The Prophet said, “Then the curtain will be lifted and they will see Allah face to face and nothing would be more pleasant than the sight of their Lord. The Prophet (peace be upon him) then recited this verse of the Qur’an: For them who have done good is the best [reward] and extra. (10:26)”. (Muslim)
The bonus in the form of Allah Revealing Himself to the dwellers of Paradise is the most sublime of all rewards! How lofty that scene would be when Muhsineen will be able to see Allah face to face! Subhanallah!
May Allah bless us, guide us, help us to become worthy of this sublime reward. Aameen
…….To be continued, Inshaa’Allah
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
December 17, 2011 - Posted by MuQeet | Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin | Allah, Ethics, Excellence, Hadith, Insan, Islam, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Sunnah, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 6 Sets of Hadeeth Books in One Page :)
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.