Al Hudaa and the Parable of the Train
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Al Qur’an, full of wisdom, is the Divine Guidance for all mankind.
Man must know, realise and understand that the Qur’an is for human welfare.
Let us elucidate this with the help of a parable *.
There was a train. It was an extraordinary train. It was able to talk and argue. It argued with the engineer.
The engineer said to the train,
“I have laid down the rails. O Train, you must run on these rails”.
But this extraordinary train said,
“No, Mr. Engineer, your duty is over when you brought me into existence. Now, I am in full possession of all the things that I require for my personal growth. I have got a heavy body. I have got electricity. I have got a head-light which spreads wonderful luminosity all around. I have got well painted carriages. I can go in any direction I like. You should not insist upon my running along the rails which you have laid down.
“In what sense am I incomplete or imperfect? Why should I be dependent upon you? Your duty is over. You created me, thanks. You take your hands off me. Don’t ask me to follow your instructions. Don’t crib me. Don’t confine or limit me. I assert myself. I want to claim freedom of movement for myself. Don’t ask me to run along the rails you have laid down. You are actually destroying my identity. You are not allowing me freedom of movement”.
The engineer said to the train,
“My dear creation, don’t argue with me. I know what is best for you. I have been with you from the time I conceived and assembled you into your shape. I had noticed what would be good for you, how you would live, how you would be able to reach places. Believe me, follow me, and depend on me. After all I am your maker and manufacturer”.
The train replied, “Nothing doing. You are very small before me. I’ll simply push you aside and go according to my will and pleasure in any direction I like”.
And accordingly that wonderful train went, leaving the rails.
Do you know what happened to the train? The train was derailed! The FIRST CASUALTY was the train itself. Why? Because the train claimed independence from the maker!
If man argues with his Creator, Almighty Allah, and refuses to follow His Guidance, which He has sent in the form of the Qur’an, his end would be disastrous!
أَلَا لَهُ الْخَلْقُ وَالْأَمْرُ
“Beware! the privilege of creation is His and the privilege to legislate for His creation is also exclusively His” Surah al A’raaf : 7: 54
Man is left with either of the two options:
Follow your Creator’s guidance or dig your own grave!
* Way back in 1996, I attended a lecture by Prof. U. Muhammad Iqbal. The eminent Islamic scholar of my hometown used this highly meaningful parable while explaining the significance and relevance of Qur’an in human life. So thought of sharing with the readers 🙂 alhamdulillaah.
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
November 10, 2011 - Posted by MuQeet | Al Qur'an - What it is?, Guidance = The Quran | Al Huda, Guidance, Hidayah, Human Welfare, Parable of the Train, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic Welfare, Train, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men!
- YasSarNal QuR'aN: We have made the Qur'an easy!
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Aisha on Education and Three Types of Nafs
- MuQeet on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Cassim on Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- sami on “Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel”
- MuQeet on “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”.
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day « YasSarNalQuR'aN on “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”!
- MuQeet on Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Explanation of the Hadeeth of the Man who killed 99 men! February 17, 2017
- It is sinful to celebrate Valentine’s Day February 12, 2017
- “The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide”. February 10, 2017
- An Introduction to Tajweed January 12, 2017
- Types of Salah and their Validity December 30, 2016
- Insights into Aayatul Kursi December 24, 2016
- Friday Sermon on Prophet Muhammad December 9, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Blog at WordPress.com.