Born to Excel
Dear Brothers and Sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
This is Part 4 on the series ‘Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin’.
Born to Excel:
Allah has created human beings to test as to who comes out with flying colours vis-a-vis deeds of excellence. This is very clearly stated in Surah Al Mulk:
الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا
“(It is He) Who has created death and life that He may test which of you is best in deeds…” (67:2)
Every man and woman must bear in mind throughout the life that he or she is born in this world to compete with others in the performance of good deeds – good, better and best deeds.
When I was discussing this point with my students in one of my Islamic Studies class, one student said: when Allah knows everything – past, present and future – why then He uses the word ‘test’ in this verse? Does He want to ‘verify’ His own knowledge?
A teacher, if he is well aware of his students’ talents and capabilities, is able to tell the result before the student even writes the test. Still, he conducts test! Why?
It is to prove the point to the student and let him know where he stands. Without conducting the test if a teacher announces the so-called ‘result’, will there be any meaning left in the system of education?
Question paper is given along with the answer paper. And the student has the right to freedom: to do the answers or not.
Similarly we are born in this world so that we compete for the Best Reward. The Qur’an mentions that a part of the Reward for those who excelled in good deeds will be that “they will be given a sealed delicious drink – the seal whereof shall be musk” (83: 25-26)
خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ ۚ وَفِي ذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ
“whose seal is musk – so let all aspirants aspire for that”– (83: 26)
We need to compete and aspire for the best of all rewards!
Goods deeds blot out bad deeds:
One should keep on doing deeds of excellence – al hasanaat – as they will blot out one’s bad or evil deeds.
إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّيِّئَاتِ
“Certainly good deeds wipe out bad deeds” (11:114)
إِلَّا مَنْ تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا فَأُولَٰئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَحِيمًا
“Unless he repents, believes and works righteous deeds , for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, for Allah is Forgiving, Most Merciful” (25:70)
The Prophet of Excellence (Peace be upon him) said:
“Wherever you are and in whatever condition, you should fear Allah and do virtuous deed after every sinful one as the former will efface the latter and treat people kindly”.
This attitude of goodly nature should continue until one’s last breadth.
The doers of good (Muhsinoon) become so habitual and obsessed with doing good deeds that they will regret for not increasing their share of good deeds should death come to them. Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) mentions this fact in the following hadith:
Abu Huraira (R A) reports that the Messenger of Allah said, “Everyone who dies, regrets”. The companions asked: O Messenger of Allah, what will be his regret? He said, “If he is a Muhsin, he will regret that he could not increase his good deeds. And if he is sinful, he will regret that he could not abstain from (committing sin)”. (Tirmidhi)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)