Doing one’s Best!
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam, Assalamu Alaikum. Alhamdulillah this is the third part on the series: Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin.
Do Your Best
When Allah is so good and gracious to us, should we not be good to Him, and consequently be good to ourselves and to others? If we are not good and true to Allah then we will be guilty of being ungrateful to Him. As Allah reveals in the Qur’an:
يَا أَيُّهَا الإنْسَانُ مَا غَرَّكَ بِرَبِّكَ الْكَرِيمِ
الَّذِي خَلَقَكَ فَسَوَّاكَ فَعَدَلَكَ
“O man! What has seduced you from your Lord Most Beneficent? – Him Who created you, fashioned you in due proportion, and gave you a just bias?” (82: 6, 7)
Justice and reason demand that man should do good in the cause of Allah, as Allah has been good in the cause of humanity. The Qur’an says:
وَأَحْسِنْ كَمَا أَحْسَنَ اللَّهُ إِلَيْكَ
“…do good as Allah has been good to you…” (28: 77)
وَأَحْسِنُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
“And do good, truly Allah loves the good doers” (2:195)
One should not be under the illusion that by being or doing good, one is doing a favour unto Allah or His Messenger, Muhammad (Peace be upon him). It is only for one’s own good, one is asked to do good.
إِنْ أَحْسَنْتُمْ أَحْسَنْتُمْ لِأَنْفُسِكُمْ
“If you do good, you do good for your own selves….” (17:7)
He who gratefully acknowledges the favours and bounties of Allah by submitting his whole self to the will of Allah in fact grasps that firmest hand-hold which is never to be broken.
وَمَنْ يُسْلِمْ وَجْهَهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ
“Whoever submits his whole self to Allah, and is a Muhsin (doer of good), has grasped indeed the firmest hand-hold: and to Allah shall all things return” (31:22)
MOTIVATION TO DO GOOD
While enjoining Muslims to do good deeds, Islam also encourages and motivates them to do so.
مَنْ جَاءَ بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ عَشْرُ أَمْثَالِهَا وَمَنْ جَاءَ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلا يُجْزَى إِلا مِثْلَهَا وَهُمْ لا يُظْلَمُونَ
“He that does good shall have ten times as much to his credit: He that does evil shall only be recompensed according to his evil: No wrong shall be done unto (any of) them” (6:160)
Narrated by Abu Huraira (R A) who said that the Messenger of Allah said, “When any one of you adorns his Islam, then whatever good act he does, he is rewarded ten to seven hundred times of it, but if he does anything evil, just that much is recorded against him”.
This narration clearly says that he who beautifies his faith and Islamic belief by doing good deeds; the worth of the reward is greatly enhanced.
The Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said:
“The most weighty (heavy) thing that would be put in the scale of a believer on the Day of Judgement would be his good manners and Allah very much dislikes the man who used obscene language and was abusive” (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood)
Even Recommendations Count!
A person who motivates others to do good things and recommends for a good cause will have his share of reward.
مَّن يَشْفَعْ شَفَاعَةً حَسَنَةً يَكُن لَّهُ نَصِيبٌ مِّنْهَا وَمَن يَشْفَعْ شَفَاعَةً سَيِّئَةً يَكُن لَّهُ كِفْلٌ مِّنْهَا
“Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein: and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause, shares in its burden” (4:85)
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- Effective Approach of Highly Efficient Muslims in Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Welcoming Shabaan April 26, 2017
- Your Feedback on Ramadhaan Page, Please… April 25, 2017
- All About Al Israa Wal Meraaj, the Prophet’s Night Journey April 22, 2017
- Take Time to Appreciate Islam! March 19, 2017
- Library Update March 13, 2017
- The Heart: Fu’aad, Qalb and Sadr March 11, 2017
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)