Crying before Allah
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
When was the last time you cried? Not a few drops of salty water from your eyes or the odd tear that slipped down your face while watching a tragic event.
I am talking about warm tears of the heart; tears that sting your face because they have been there so long and their bitter saltiness has hurt your skin.
When was the Last Time You Cried Like a Baby?
Tears flow when we remember how much Almighty Allah gives us and how much we disobey Him. Though we can never give Almighty Allah His due thanks for the countless blessings He bestows upon us, we blatantly exceed the limits He has set and we do commit many sins; major and minor. We tend to backbite and hurt one another, not stand up for the truth, treat our family badly, lie, cheat, do good deeds merely to show off etc.
A sincere believer who fears, loves, and is close to Almighty Allah cannot help but cry before his Lord, the All-Merciful, the All-Aware. The Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) is reported to have said, “Two (kinds of) eyes will not be touched by the Fire: an eye that wept out of fear of Allah and an eye that spent the night guarding in the cause of Allah.” (At-Tirmidhi)
The blessed month of Ramadan, particularly the last ten days thereof, represents a real opportunity for the believers to get closer to Almighty Allah and cry out of fear and love for Him. `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) related that with the start of the last 10 days of Ramadan the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. something Arabs do to indicate hard work), pray all night, and wake up his family for the voluntary night Prayers. (Bukhari and Muslim)
Only connecting with Almighty Allah wholeheartedly and begging for His mercy and forgiveness can bring us closer to Him.
Out of His boundless mercy and compassion, Almighty Allah opens for us a way out of every problem we may encounter, thereby easing our burdens. Despite that, we persist in our disobedience to Him and take His mercy for granted.
`Abdullah ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said that he would rather shed two drops of tears out of fear of Allah than give a thousand dinars in charity.
Tearful Eyes of a Strong Believer
The most telling example of a man who few people would think that he might cry out of fear of Allah is `Umar ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him). `Umar was known for being strong, fearless, and uncompromising when it came to matters of faith. Despite that, it was related by `Abdullah ibn `Isa that he had two black streaks on his face as a result of constant weeping.
`Umar’s awe and fear of Almighty Allah was so intense that he once said, “If someone announces from the heavens that everybody will enter Paradise except for one person, I would fear that I would be that person.”
Thus, the strong `Umar was fearful of his Lord and His punishment to the point of weeping. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) was also a great example of this. He was simply known for crying out of fear of Almighty Allah. These people were keen on serving fellow human beings during the day and invoke Almighty Allah at night in order to save them as well as all humanity from His Punishment.
Let us contemplate the reality of the hereafter and let us invoke Almighty Allah to forgive our sins and soften our hearts. We have more need and urgency to contemplate and weep than `Umar and Abu Bakr ever had. Human beings are in turmoil. Only connecting with Allah wholeheartedly and begging for His mercy and forgiveness can bring us closer to Him and instill a sense of tranquility and softness in our hearts.
Note: This article was written by Abdul Malik Mujahid and taken from here
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
4 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Qur'an Quiz 3 with Answers to Quiz 2
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- Muhammad Usama Chaudhary on In times of difficulty …..Do not grieve, for Allah is with us!
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.