Narratives in the Qur’an
By Sayyid Qutb
We can better appreciate the value of the Qur’anic narrative and the experience of past nations and communities it relates when we bear in mind that the Qur’an is the inspiring book of the Muslim community, its sincere counselor and guide through life. It was with the Qur’an that God molded the first Muslim community to which He assigned the task of implementing the Islamic code of living. After the Prophet’s death, the Qur’an remains the guide that prepares future Muslim generations for their role of leadership of mankind. This is the role God has promised the Muslim community whenever it fulfills its pledges to follow His guidance, giving the Qur’an supremacy over all man-made laws and methods.
The Qur’an is not merely fine verses to be recited for enchantment. It is a comprehensive constitution providing education and guidance through life. Hence, it provides examples of the experience of past communities for the benefit of the new generations of Muslims. It lays special emphasis on past experience in the advocacy of faith, highlighting its interaction with people in practical life. Such wealth of experience portrayed in the Qur’an is of great value in the enlightenment of the advocates of Islam.
This is the reason why the Qur’an includes a wealth of highly inspiring historical accounts. The history of the Children of Israel provides the majority of these stories for a variety of reasons. The prominence given to the Jewish history is perhaps due to God’s prior knowledge that some Muslim generations would be going through situations similar to those experienced by the Israelites. Therefore, He alerts them to the slips that may lie in their way by highlighting the lessons they could learn from such history.
Muslim generations should read the Qur’an very carefully, treating it as guidance provided today to show us how to deal with our present problems and to chart our future course. Its historical accounts are not provided for inconsequential academic study.
We will not benefit by the Qur’an unless we read it with the aim of seeking guidance for our present and future life, in the same way as the first Muslim community did. When we approach the Qur’an in this way, we are certain to find in it what we are looking for, and we shall have something far more remarkable than we can imagine. Its words, expressions, and instructions will come alive, giving us all the guidance we need. It will point out to us what to do and what to avoid, what precautions to take, who is our friend and who is our enemy. It will give us a long, elaborate discourse touching on everything that may occur to us. Thus, we will find in the Qur’an both life and enjoyment. God’s words will ring in our ears: [Believers, respond to the call of God and the Messenger when He calls you to that which will give you life ] (Al-Anfal 8:24).
Share or Not. Choice is Yours. If you share, Allah will reward you. That makes a huge difference.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
No comments yet.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
- Please SCROLL DOWN to find amazing resources, InshaaAllah.
- The Guide ↑ that inspires one to GET CLOSER to the Qur'an. Subhanallaah!
- About CHM file: After download, save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
- Saheeh International's Translation is the most accurate of all English translations of the Qur'an that are available till date.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
W e l c o m e :)
ما شآء الله and الحمد لله for this blog.
هذا من فضل ربّ This is From the Blessings of my Lord.
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You've given us.
All Posts, category-wise ↓
All posts, month-wise ↓
TOP POSTS alhamdulillah
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Saying "Laa Haula Wa Laa Quwwata il-la-Bil-Laah"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi 'anil Munkar
- Qur'an Quiz 2 with answers to Quiz 1
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah
NOTE: The above ↑ translations are in PDF files.
For Online Translations in:
Bangla, Czech, Farsi, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maranao, Norwegian, Polish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Tatar, and Uzbek, Please VISIT quran.com/1
↑ Al Quran for MS-Word. This software will add a new menu “Al-Quran” as Add-Ins to MS Word.
BENEFIT: You can easily insert an ayah of the Qur'an or its translation to your word file, InshaaAllah
What Caring Readers Say..
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Adonis Rahman on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- MuQeet on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal « YasSarNal QuR'aN on Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal!
- MuQeet on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- Haya on Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family?
- Haya on Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz
- The Trio in Rabi al Awwal November 30, 2016
- Answers to Prophetic Family Quiz November 28, 2016
- Did ‘U’ know These Names of the Prophetic Family? November 25, 2016
- Shariah is for Human Welfare November 21, 2016
- Facts About Safar November 1, 2016
- Peace First. Peace Last. October 17, 2016
- The Muslim and the Hijrah of All Times October 14, 2016
TagsAllah Dua Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Friday Guidance Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Islamiyat Jumuah Makkah Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Prayer Prophet Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf UAE UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran Zikr
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Thank You :)
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.