Of Varying Rivers and Unlimited Delight
How delightful Jannah is going to be for the deserving inmates, no genius worth his salt, can imagine! It can only be described by its Creator!
One sample of such a description is given in Surah Muhammad, Chapter 47 of the glorious Qur’an.
And, Subhanallaah, this one description is enough to motivate people to yearn for it.
“Is the description of Paradise, which the righteous are promised, wherein are rivers of water unaltered, rivers of milk the taste of which never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of purified honey, in which they will have from all [kinds of] fruits and forgiveness from their Lord, like [that of] those who abide eternally in the Fire and are given to drink scalding water that will sever their intestines?” (Surah Muhammad 47: 15)
What an attention-grabbing description of Jannah, Subhanallaah!
Four different types of rivers running in Paradise is mentioned in this ayah:
1. أَنْهَارٌ مِّن مَّاءٍ غَيْرِ آسِنٍ – Rivers of unchanging water:
About the water, it means the water of this river will never change, be it in smell, colour or taste.
2. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّن لَّبَنٍ لَّمْ يَتَغَيَّرْ طَعْمُهُ – Rivers of Milk, the taste of which never changes:
About the milk, it means that the milk of this river is of utmost whiteness, sweetness, and richness.
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their milk did not come out of the udders of cattle.”
3. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ خَمْرٍ لَّذَّةٍ لِّلشَّارِبِينَ – Rivers of Wine Delicious to those who drink:
About the wine, it means that the wine of this river does not have a bad taste or foul smell like that of the wine of the world. Rather, it is good in its appearance, taste, smell, and effect. Only then it can be delicious.
“From which (the wine) they will have no headache, nor will they be intoxicated.” (Surah al Waaqi’ah 56: 19)
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their wine was not pressed under men’s feet.”
4. وَأَنْهَارٌ مِّنْ عَسَلٍ مُّصَفًّى – Rivers of Purified Honey:
About the honey, it means that the honey of this river is of utmost purity and pleasant color, taste, and smell.
It has been mentioned in a Hadeeth: “Their honey did not come out of the bellies of bees.”
According to another hadeeth, the Messenger of Allah sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam said:
“Verily, there is in Paradise a lake of milk, a lake of water, a lake of honey, and a lake of wine. The rivers then gush out of them.”
The Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam has advised us thus:
“When you ask Allah, ask Him for Al-Firdaws, because it is the central and highest part of Paradise, and from it gush the rivers of the Paradise and above it is the Throne of the Most Merciful”.
Dear brothers and sisters, it goes without saying that in order to enjoy the unlimited delight and never-ending bliss of the Gardens of Paradise, every human being needs to strive hard and work for it. Otherwise one’s yearning will just remain a taman’na, a wishful thinking!
“The last of it is musk. So for this let the competitors compete.” (Surah al Mutaf’fifeen 83: 26)
May Allah accept our ibadah, forgive our sins, save us from Hellfire and grant us the highest place in Jannah. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Note: I took references from Tafseer Ibn Kathir, and if you need to know more, go to this link but please be careful about the Arabic Text because it is full of mistakes!
January 15, 2014 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Effort, Hadith, Islam, Muslims, Nahr, Paradise, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, reflections, Religion, Reward, Rivers, Thawab, Way of Life, Yassarnalquran
12 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
- Dhul Hijjah has commenced, alhamdulillaah :) September 24, 2014
- HAJJ Creative Writing Competition September 20, 2014
- As Dhul Hijjah is round the corner….. September 19, 2014
- Qur’an Quiz 5 with Answers to Quiz 4 September 15, 2014
- When a sunnah is replaced by a bid’ah, isn’t it a terrible loss? September 12, 2014
- What am I losing When I Don’t Understand the Qur’an? September 10, 2014
- There is nothing called “Jumuah Mubarak”! September 5, 2014
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (2)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (25)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (1)
- Attributive Names (4)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (2)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (9)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (10)
- E-books (33)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (32)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (40)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (20)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (70)
- Isra and Me'raj (3)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Memorization (9)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (131)
- O You Who Believe! (20)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (7)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (8)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (10)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (129)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (4)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (1)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (1)
- Surah al Fatihah (1)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (9)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Luqman (1)
- Surah Yaseen (1)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Uncategorized (30)
- Understanding the Qur'an (1)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zikr (3)
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
- Eid al Adha Khutbah in UAE
- Dhul Hijjah
- Excellence of the Day of Arafah
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Things to Do on the Day of Arafah
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jihad Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Madinah Makkah Masjid Muqith Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Quran site Ramadan Ramadhan Recitation Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Shariah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr