Aspects of Dawah in Surah al Kahf
Surah al Kahf is an encyclopedia in itself! Subhanallaah!
As we read and understand the Surah, we come across four different aspects of Dawah.
Dawah is to call people to Islam, to advise people about what is Right and what is wrong, to remind those who have forgotten their duties and to stand up against injustice and oppression.
1. Youth Inviting the King:
“And We made firm their hearts when they stood up and said, “Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. Never will we invoke besides Him any deity. We would have certainly spoken, then, an excessive transgression.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 14)
The role of youth in Islam is commendable. If the youth adopt right strategies in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah in calling people towards Islam, they can definitely turn out be a great source of help and benefit to the Ummah as a whole.
Also, the youth must check up their hearts and ground themselves firmly in matters regarding knowledge and wisdom before embarking on the dawah mission. They should raise their emaan to such a level that they get that inner force, that spiritual strength to stand up to speak the truth in front of a tyrant thus performing the best Jihad as done by the youth in the story of the sleepers of the Cave.
2. A Friend Reminding his other Friend:
“His companion said to him while he was conversing with him, “Have you disbelieved in He who created you from dust and then from a sperm-drop and then proportioned you [as] a man?” (Surah al Kahf 18: 37)
A true Friend is the one who always cautions his other friends should they err and deviate from the Right Path. In other words, a friend is not just the one who is a companion in this material world but must also be the Adviser and Mentor in matters concerning spirituality and the life Hereafter.
3. A Teacher Advising His Student:
“He said, “Then if you follow me, do not ask me about anything until I make to you about it mention.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 70)
A committed student of knowledge must always be patient with his teacher by developing good listening skills.
Haste and impatience will not work if one really wants to learn the techniques of dawah from one’s teacher.
Also, a teacher must always keep the elements of dawah in perspective while performing his role as a teacher.
Understanding the student is very important in dawah.
4. A Ruler Warning His Subjects:
He (Dhul Qarnayn) said, “As for one who wrongs, we will punish him. Then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with a terrible punishment.
But as for one who believes and does righteousness, he will have a reward of Paradise, and we will speak to him from our command with ease.” (Surah al Kahf 18: 87-88)
The just Ruler must always advise his subjects and remind them of Truth and warn them to give up injustice and cruelty.
A great leader not only believes in Allah and adopts righteousness but also commands and inspires his people to follow the Way of their Almighty Lord.
If Allah has given you the reigns of authority, use it for the purpose of dawah to establish the sovereignty of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’aala.
Dear brothers and sisters, Surah al Kahf is not connected with weekly readings on Fridays in the sense that that you read it in a ritualistic or mechanical way but this amazing Surah has great connections with the very life of a Muslim!
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Sal-lal-laahu ‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam.
December 13, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections, Surah al Kahf | Allah, Chapter 18, Deen, Dhul Qarnain, Friday, Friday and Surah al Kahf, Hadith, Ibadah, Imaam Aadil, Islam, Just Ruler, Knowledge, lessons from Surah kahf, Moosa, Moses, Muslims, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Straight Path, Surah al Kahf, Tarbiyah, the cave, Worship in Islam, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (2)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (25)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (1)
- Attributive Names (5)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Charter of Human Rights/Farewell Address of the Prophet (1)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (2)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (10)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (11)
- E-books (36)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (32)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (45)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (23)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (71)
- Isra and Me'raj (3)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Lunar/Solar Eclipse (2)
- Memorization (9)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (140)
- O You Who Believe! (20)
- Polytheism (1)
- Prophets of Islam (6)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (8)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (10)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (12)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (126)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (4)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Story of a Quranic word (1)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Asr (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (2)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (2)
- Surah al Fatihah (2)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (11)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah al Muminoon (1)
- Surah al Taghabun (1)
- Surah As Saff (1)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Az Zumar (1)
- Surah Luqman (2)
- Surah Yaseen (3)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Three Types of Soul (1)
- Uncategorized (30)
- Understanding the Qur'an (1)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zakah (1)
- Zikr (3)
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Download Sahih Muslim FULL SET :)
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Download At-Tirmidhi FULL SET :)
- Shukr: Being Thankful to Allah
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Seeking Allah’s support in three special cases December 8, 2014
- Meaning of Wal’laahi, Bil’laahi and Tal’laahi November 25, 2014
- The Month of Safar November 24, 2014
- E-books Library Update November 21, 2014
- Camel or Egg or not even worth an Egg? November 21, 2014
- A Day in the Life of Muhammad November 11, 2014
- At-Tibyan: Easy Way to Qur’anic Reading November 8, 2014
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dawah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jews Jihad Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Madinah Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pilgrimage Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Quran site Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr