Angola: The ‘news’, the denial, the confusion, and clarification
Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
Regular readers must be aware that last night I posted my reflections on the so-called news of Angola banning Islam.
This I did after reading the news in this popular Islamic website and also going through this newsmagazine.
I didn’t verify about the authenticity of this ‘news’ as the scholars’ response didn’t leave any room for any doubt to creep in my mind.
To my surprise, this morning I read the denial statement issued by Angolan Embassy official in US, and was quite embarrassed for posting such a ‘news’. I even received an e-mail from a brother which is in fact the statement coming from Mufti Ismail Menk that confirms the denial of the Embassy official.
Following is the statement issued by Mufti Ismail Menk, a popular and a reliable scholar of repute:
“Upon verification from Angolan scholars it was found that the story of Islam being banned in Angola is completely fabricated.
Sadly, the demolition of all structures that were built without proper documentation, planning, procedure etc was carried out. This happened to include some religious structures too, amongst them a Masjid. Interestingly the picture doing its rounds is not even from Angola but the Middle East.
This happened quite some time back but is being carried mischievously by some media houses.
It is important that Muslims only build Masaajid after proper approvals etc to avoid this. It has happened in other countries before.
Please clarify the truth with those who have become emotional about the so called banning of Islam in Angola.
May Allah Almighty grant us a lesson and safeguard the Deen. Aameen
Wassalaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh”.
So I deleted the previous post saying that the news was false.
To conclude, I would like to mention few points:
1. The absence and non-existence of any reliable international news agency among Muslims – despite the fact that we have more than 50 Muslim countries in the world – is a cause of grave concern.
2. Most of the times we are being fooled by the media hype and tend to lose our balance in getting to know what is what. I still I do not understand the scholars’ response!! Wal’laahu ‘Alam!
3. I am in media field since more than 20 years and have blogging experience of about five years. This is the first time I got an egg on my face that I really feel sorry about.
4. In this bitter episode, we have two basic lessons to learn:
a. As Allah says in Surah al Hujuraat we need to verify the news before passing on.
“O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.” (Surah al Hujuraat 49: 6)
b. Once bitten, twice shy. Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam puts it beautifully:
” A believer is not bitten from the same hole twice.”
This Hadith means that while it is possible for a believer to suffer a bite by a snake or a similar creature because he is taken unaware, the same thing should not be allowed to happen twice. He should always be careful so that he would not commit the same mistake, or be in the same situation of overlooking real danger, more than once.
May Allah forgive us of our sins and guide us on the Right Path. Aameen.
Sal-lal-laahu-‘Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu ‘Alaihi wa-sallam.
Thank you for reading this post. Hope you understand the problem.
Also, read this related news
November 26, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Allah, Allah is our Protector, Angola, Angola Bans Islam, Angola News, False News, Hadith, Mufti Ismail Menk, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (2)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (25)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (1)
- Attributive Names (4)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Charter of Human Rights/Farewell Address of the Prophet (1)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (2)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (10)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (10)
- E-books (33)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (32)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (45)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (21)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (70)
- Isra and Me'raj (3)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Lunar/Solar Eclipse (2)
- Memorization (9)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (134)
- O You Who Believe! (20)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (7)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (10)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (11)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (133)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (4)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (1)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (1)
- Surah al Fatihah (1)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (10)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Luqman (1)
- Surah Yaseen (1)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Uncategorized (30)
- Understanding the Qur'an (1)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zikr (3)
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Muharram: Do's and Don'ts
- Download Sahih Muslim FULL SET :)
- In view of Muharram and Islamic New Year.....
- Nasrum Minallaahi Wa Fathun Qareeb
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Answers to Hajj Quiz and Qur'an Quiz 5
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- In view of Muharram and Islamic New Year….. October 21, 2014
- The caring Prophet, and a community so unmoved! October 17, 2014
- Amr bil Maroof wa Nahi ‘anil Munkar October 14, 2014
- Israeli intrusion into Al Aqsa mosque ‘barbaric’! October 10, 2014
- Islamic Perspective on Eclipse October 8, 2014
- Answers to Hajj Quiz and Qur’an Quiz 5 October 5, 2014
- Farewell Address October 4, 2014
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dawah Dhul Hijjah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jihad Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Madinah Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pilgrimage Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Quran site Ramadan Ramadhan Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Shariah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr