Rain, Rain, Come Again!
For people who live in a desert, Rain is something which is unusual. And this once-in-a-blue-moon thing is happening in the United Arab Emirates!
Man, however, is an extremist by nature. When there is no rain, he yearns for it. And when it rains, he becomes restless and shows signs of ingratitude.
As a Muslim we need to know that our Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam not only sought rain but when it rained, he also enjoyed it as much as he could.
How amazing it would be if we also did as the Messenger of Allah did!
Read the following hadeeths:
Abu Saeed al Khudri, one of the beloved companions of the Prophet, narrates:
“A cloud came and it rained till the roof started leaking and in those days the roof used to be of the branches of date-palms. Iqama was pronounced and I saw Allah’s Messenger (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) prostrating in water and mud and even I saw the mark of mud on his forehead.” Sahih al Bukhari
Another great companion, Anas bin Malik, says
“I saw rain water trickling down his beard”. (Read the first hadeeth in this link)
Our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam used to make this beautiful du’aa during rain:
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْهُ صَيِّبًا نَافِعًا – O Allah! Make it a Beneficial Rain.
The du’aa in the picture below is the supplication to be made after the rainfall.
This du’aa is in fact an expression of one’s gratitude to one’s Creator for His blessings and mercy.
Also, we need to make more and more du’aa and seek forgiveness when it rains as it is one of the Best Times to make du’aa.
Dear brothers and sisters, if possible try to go out in rain and make prostration in water and mud and have a mark of mud on your foreheads as did our Role Model. Sal-lal-laahu-’Ala Muhammad, Sal-lal-laahu-Alaihi-wa-sallam.
Jazakallahu Khayra for reading this post.
November 22, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Allah is the Giver, Beneficial Rain, dua during rain, Islam, Mud and water, Muslims during rainy season, Prophet, Prostration, Sahih Bukhari, Sajdah, Sunnah, What to do when it rains, Yassarnalquran
1 Comment »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Treasure Hunt :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (1)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (24)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (1)
- Attributive Names (3)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (1)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (8)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (10)
- E-books (31)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (31)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (38)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (14)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (65)
- Isra and Me'raj (2)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Memorization (9)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (120)
- O You Who Believe! (19)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (6)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (3)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (2)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (121)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (3)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (1)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (1)
- Surah al Fatihah (1)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (9)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Luqman (1)
- Surah Yaseen (1)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zikr (3)
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Dubai International Peace Convention April 13, 2014
- UnderstandQuran.Com March 20, 2014
- The Qur’anic Art of Effective Communication March 18, 2014
- Qur’an Learning through Voice Guidance March 15, 2014
- Adhaan: The Call to Prayer, Part 2 March 14, 2014
- The Qur’an of Fajr: In the stillness and serenity before dawn March 11, 2014
- Madinah Arabic Notes March 7, 2014
- Robert Davila’s Inspirational Story March 2, 2014
- Of Varying Rivers and Unlimited Delight January 15, 2014
- Seeking Light, Spreading Luminosity January 12, 2014
- Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal! January 11, 2014
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah January 4, 2014
- What is Islamic and what is not Islamic? January 1, 2014
- Why We Must Not Celebrate New Year? December 31, 2013
- Islam and Christianity December 30, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Download Sahih Muslim FULL SET :)
- Fri Khutbahs
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dawah Dua Eid al Adha Fast Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Makkah Masjid Muqith Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Rahmah Ramadan Ramadhan Recitation Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Shariah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr