Some Interesting Links between Dhul Hijjah and Ramadhaan
Ramadhaan and Dhul Hijjah are two special months in Islam. These two months are like two eyes of a Muslim.
Today let us try to have a bird’s eye view of some less talked about things connecting these two months.
Ramadhaan was the month in which the revelation of the glorious Qur’an began. In this blessed month, Allah announced the conferment of Nubuwwah (Prophethood) on Muhammad ibn Abdullah (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam), and inaugurated his noble mission on earth. In other words, it was the beginning of Islam as preached and practiced by humanity’s last and final Messenger, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam. Islam was declared to be the only way of life acceptable by Almighty Allah. He was pleased with His noble Messenger.
Ramadhaan was the month through which the favors of Almighty Allah started pouring first upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam and later by corollary upon the Muslim Ummah.
Dhul Hijjah was the month in which the revelation of the Qur’an came to almost an end. In this sacred month, on the day of Arafah during the Prophet’s Farewell Pilgrimage, Allah signaled to His beloved Messenger that he has successfully completed his noble mission and that his time to leave the world has come. In other words, it was the completion of Islam as preached and practiced by humanity’s last and final messenger, Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam. Islam was declared to be the only way of life perfected and completed by Almighty Allah. He was pleased with the perfected message of His noble Messenger: Islam as a way of life.
Dhul Hijjah was the month in which Allah completed His favors first upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam and by corollary upon the entire Muslim Ummah.
While Ramadhaan commemorates the anniversary of Qur’an’s revelation, Dhul Hijjah commemorates the anniversary of Qur’an’s completion.
In Ramadhaan, we fast for the gift of al Qur’an. In Dhul Hijjah, we fast (the Day of Arafah) for the perfection of Islam.
In Ramadhaan we take care of one command of Allah – Fasalli, Pray! – by praying Taraweeh or Qiyamul layl. And in Dhul Hijjah, we take care of the other command of Allah – Wan-har, Sacrifice! – by sacrificing an animal.
While Ramadhaan facilitates Muslims to fulfill the duties arising out of one Pillar of Islam (Sawm, Fasting), Dhul Hijjah facilitates Muslims to fulfill the duties arising out of another pillar of Islam (Hajj, pilgrimage to Makkah).
In Ramadhaan, the last ten nights and days are special whereas in Dhul Hijjah the first ten days and nights are special.
At the end of Ramadhaan, we celebrate Eid al Fitr. At the end of the first nine days of Dhul Hijjah, we celebrate Eid al Adha.
In Ramadhaan, we Muslims take care of the poor and needy by giving out Zakat al Fitr, and in Dhul Hijjah we share our happiness by offering the meat of the sacrificial animal to the poor and needy.
Be it Ramadhaan or Dhul Hijjah, the kalimah that binds and unites the Muslims around the world is the Takbeer: Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa ilaaha il-lal-laahu Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar Wa lil-laahil Hamd!
Tawheed, therefore, is the essence of Islam.
“Say: Certainly my prayers and my sacrifices, my life and my death are for Allah alone, the Lord of the worlds” (Surah al An’aam 6: 162)
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his family and companions.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
October 12, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months, Reflections | Allah, Arafah, Fasting, Hajj, Islam, Islamic Months, Makkah, Pilgrimage, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Ramadhan, Religion, sacred months, Yassarnalquran, Zul Hijjah
6 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Treasure Hunt :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (1)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (24)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Art of Communication (1)
- Attributive Names (3)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (1)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (8)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (10)
- E-books (31)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (31)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (38)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (14)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (65)
- Isra and Me'raj (2)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (7)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Memorization (9)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (120)
- O You Who Believe! (19)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (6)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (6)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (3)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (2)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Quran of Fajr (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (121)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (3)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (1)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (1)
- Surah al Fatihah (1)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (9)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Luqman (1)
- Surah Yaseen (1)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zikr (3)
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Dubai International Peace Convention April 13, 2014
- UnderstandQuran.Com March 20, 2014
- The Qur’anic Art of Effective Communication March 18, 2014
- Qur’an Learning through Voice Guidance March 15, 2014
- Adhaan: The Call to Prayer, Part 2 March 14, 2014
- The Qur’an of Fajr: In the stillness and serenity before dawn March 11, 2014
- Madinah Arabic Notes March 7, 2014
- Robert Davila’s Inspirational Story March 2, 2014
- Of Varying Rivers and Unlimited Delight January 15, 2014
- Seeking Light, Spreading Luminosity January 12, 2014
- Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal! January 11, 2014
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah January 4, 2014
- What is Islamic and what is not Islamic? January 1, 2014
- Why We Must Not Celebrate New Year? December 31, 2013
- Islam and Christianity December 30, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Dubai International Peace Convention
- Fri Khutbahs
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Download Sahih Muslim FULL SET :)
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dawah Dua Eid al Adha Fast Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Makkah Masjid Muqith Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Rahmah Ramadan Ramadhan Recitation Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Shariah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr