Me, Myself, My Phone, and to hell with you!
There was a time when we used to call those who talk while being all alone as ‘mad’ or ‘insane’.
Thanks to the advancement in mobile gadgets and technology, we now witness a phenomenal progress in this ‘madness’. Two people sitting at the same table and yet not talking to each other but each busy with his own handset!
I witnessed a family of four in a restaurant. Poor guys might have come out to dine ‘thinking to spend time together’ but the worst thing happened to them was ‘each one was spending time with their respective mobile phones, ultimately none speaking to each other!
Sometimes it is so irritating that you go to meet someone in person, and while you are with him he says ‘excuse me’ and starts talking to someone else over his ‘smartphone’!
Now a days, the invisible person is given importance rather than the person who comes all along to meet you and is sitting in front of you!
I had bitter experience once when lodging a complaint at a corporate office, the counter person picked the phone, preferred him and took his complaint first. Those standing in queue were ignored by paying attention to the person over phone!
Also, it has become a fashion now a days to ignore a person by pretending to be busy over phone!
The question is who is in control? You or your gadget?
Who is important? What is ethics? Where is your value system?
In the Qur’an, Allah subhanahu wa Ta’aala, says about private conversations:
“O you who have believed, when you converse privately, do not converse about sin and aggression and disobedience to the Messenger but converse about righteousness and piety. And fear Allah, to whom you will be gathered.” (58: 9)
“Private conversation is only from Satan that he may grieve those who have believed, but he will not harm them at all except by permission of Allah. And upon Allah let the believers rely.” (Surah al Mujaadilah 58: 10)
Satan has devised many devices in present times to keep people aggrieved!
Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) was the one who used to care about people’s feelings.
No one should be hurt due to your private conversation.
* Ibn ‘Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said:
“In the presence of three people, two should not hold secret counsel, to the exclusion of the third.”
* Ibn Mas’ud (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) said:
“When three of you are together, two of you must not converse privately ignoring the third till the number increases, lest the third should be grieved.”
In today’s technologically mad world, do we not witness two people being together and suddenly one of them takes out his mobile, and starts talking to the third ignoring and ultimately hurting the person present?
The challenge of the modern world is to build better social relationships.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq to develop and maintain good manners in our life.
May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam, his family and companions.
Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.
Sharing is caring
PS: PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS/RELATIVES/COLLEAGUES, AND SPREAD THE KHAYR, INSHAA’ALLAH.
September 9, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted), Reflections | Allah, Ethics, gadgets, Hadith, manners, mobile, Mobile phones, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, smartphones, Sunnah, Talking, Technology, Yassarnalquran
10 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Treasure Hunt :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (1)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (24)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (3)
- Attributive Names (3)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Communalism (1)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (1)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (8)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (10)
- E-books (32)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (31)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (38)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (14)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (65)
- Isra and Me'raj (2)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (6)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Memorization (8)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (117)
- O You Who Believe! (19)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (6)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (5)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (3)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (2)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (119)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (3)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (1)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (1)
- Surah al Fatihah (1)
- Surah al Jumu'ah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (9)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Luqman (1)
- Surah Yaseen (1)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Uncategorized (27)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zikr (3)
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
- MuQeet on Madinah Arabic Notes
- hyrra on Madinah Arabic Notes
- MuQeet on When the Call is Proclaimed on Friday……
- MuQeet on Sihah Sittah in One Page :)
- When the Call is Proclaimed on Friday…… | Samia Raana's space: Know the art of living a healthful and a peaceful life on When the Call is Proclaimed on Friday……
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Madinah Arabic Notes March 7, 2014
- Robert Davila’s Inspirational Story March 2, 2014
- Of Varying Rivers and Unlimited Delight January 15, 2014
- Seeking Light, Spreading Luminosity January 12, 2014
- Hijrah: The least discussed topic in Rabi al Awwal! January 11, 2014
- Surahs beginning with Alhamdulillaah January 4, 2014
- What is Islamic and what is not Islamic? January 1, 2014
- Why We Must Not Celebrate New Year? December 31, 2013
- Islam and Christianity December 30, 2013
- Are We among the Top Ten Performers? December 26, 2013
- Thread Bared December 24, 2013
- When the Call is Proclaimed on Friday…… December 20, 2013
- Surah al Kahf is an action-packed Surah! December 15, 2013
- Aspects of Dawah in Surah al Kahf December 13, 2013
- All about Azaan, the Call to Prayer (Part 1) December 9, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Madinah Arabic Notes
- Nouman Ali Khan's Tafseer Collection
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas
- Word For Word Translation of the Qur'an
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Shukr: Being Thankful to Allah
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dua Eid al Adha Fast Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Living Islam Makkah Masjid Muqith Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Rahmah Ramadan Ramadhan Recitation Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Shariah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr