The relationship between the Book and its Reading!
Dear brothers/sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
This is not a new post. As this is taken from a long article I wrote some years ago, alhamdulillah. The purpose of this post is to request all my dear readers to go through the points mentioned below, and share your thoughts about it or supplement it with other related points.
Your participation, Inshaa’Allah, will help in the process of understanding and presenting things in a better way. I want to write more on this topic. Thought of doing it differently, and so I expect new ideas from YOU. Jazakallahu Khayra. Vassalam.
The very word with which the Last and Final Divine Book relates itself to inspires one to exclaim:
Subhanallah! This undoubtedly is the Word of Almighty Allah!
When we try to understand the meaning of the word “Qur’aan”, its richness tends to weave a tapestry in the canvas of one’s mind.
The word “Qur’an” comes from the Arabic root Qa ra’a which means ‘he read, he recited’. It also means ‘the reading, the recitation’. The word is used in infinitive verbal form – and, quite obviously verb is nothing but action!
The relationship between reading and the Book is quite interesting.
Let us understand with the help of one example.
The scripture of Judaism and Christianity is called the ‘Bible’ which means ‘Book’.
The scripture of Islam is called the ‘Qur’an’ which means the ‘Reading’.
Book is a product. Reading is a process. The utility of a book can be realized only when somebody reads it. Otherwise it will be a dead thing on a shelf. It comes to life or animation only when its meaning begin to work in readers’ mind. A book is a non-entity, meaningless, lifeless.
Our Book has a name which lays emphasis on the process. The book comes to life only because it is read. What is to be read is the Qur’an! So in that way it establishes relationship with the Book.
NOW IT IS YOUR TURN TO SEND YOUR INPUTS, DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
You can send your ideas/inputs/references etc. through comments section by 27th February, Inshaa’Allah.
February 20, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Al Kitab, Bible, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Kalaamullah, Kitab Allah, Muslim's Holy Book, Quran, Quran blog, Reading, Reading Quran with understanding, Recitation, Scripture, Tayseerul Quran, Understanding Qur'an, Yassarnalquran
5 Comments »
Comments related to post/blog are most welcome :) Cancel reply
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Mercy-Giving
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Treasure Hunt :)
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
Postings…so far, alhamdulillah
- Abandoning the Qur'an
- Al Qur'an – What it is?
- Attributive Names
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin
- Compilation of the Qur'an
- Excellence of Friday Prayer
- Friday Khutbah in UAE
- Fruits in the Qu'ran
- Guidance = The Quran
- Hajj related
- Heart and the Qur'an
- Human Soul
- Islamic Months
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN
- Islamic Spirit
- Isra and Me'raj
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words
- Learning the language of the Qur'an
- Money Matters
- Muqeet's (assorted)
- O You Who Believe!
- Qur'an and Environment
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord
- Qur'an and Muslims
- Qur'an and Science
- Qur'an Central
- Qur'an People
- Qur'an Quiz
- Qur'an Software
- Qur'an's Miracles
- Qur'anic Du'aa
- Qur'anic Du'aas
- Qur'anic Phrases
- Qur'anic Stories
- Qur'anic Studies
- Quran and Sunnah
- Ramadhan and the Qur'an
- Real Life Experience
- Sajdah and productivity
- Salah: MeaningFULL
- Salatul Istikhaarah
- Sayyidul Istighfar
- Stages of Revelation
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas
- Surah al Fatihah
- Surah al Mulk
- Tafaseer (Commentaries)
- The Healing
- The Science of Recitations
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized?
- With Lexical and Grammatical Notes
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar
- World's madness!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Shun Ribaa, Fear Allah, Have success! June 18, 2013
- The question of intimacy! June 14, 2013
- Reaping the blessings of Sha’baan with the Qur’an June 11, 2013
- Welcoming Shabaan June 10, 2013
- Another good Android Qur’an Application :) June 10, 2013
- This obedience will strip you of your emaan! June 9, 2013
- Tafseer Ma’ariful Qur’an June 9, 2013
- Read here, or else Read there. But read, you must! June 8, 2013
- 3 years, and miles to go before I die! June 6, 2013
- Ribaa is evil and strictly prohibited in Islam! June 5, 2013
- Write down your loan and debt transactions! June 2, 2013
- E-book on Isra and Me’raaj June 2, 2013
- Ruling on celebrating the Night of Isra’ and Mi`raaj June 1, 2013
- Pomegranates in the Qur’an: Yummy Yummy :) May 29, 2013
- The hallmark of true Believers: Excellence in charity! May 28, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Shun Ribaa, Fear Allah, Have success!
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Word For Word Translation of the Qur'an
- Surah Yaseen: Word-to-word translation
- Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
TagAbraham Allah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Salah Sawm Seerah Siyam Sunnah Surah al Kahf UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran
Thank You Akismet :)