The effects of ungratefulness!
Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu Alaikum.
After reading this and this news, some sadness loomed over me thinking if the first news was true, then it is definitely a bad news for the Ummah as a whole. The parable in Surah Al Nahl struck my mind.
This one ayah is sufficient for every sincere Muslim to understand the significance of being grateful to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala, and at the same time know the side effects of being ungrateful to one’s Sustainer!
“And Allah presents an example: a city which was safe and secure, its provision coming to it in abundance from every location, but it denied the favors of Allah. So Allah made it taste the envelopment of hunger and fear for what they had been doing.” (Surah An-Nahl 16:112)
Even though the parable here doesn’t specifically mention the name of the city, the scholars are of unanimous opinion that this example refers to the city of Makkah at the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Please read tafseer by Ibn Kathir
When Allah blesses an individual or a nation with abundance of wealth and provisions – be it material wealth or spiritual wealth – man must be grateful to Allah by entering Islam, fully and completely.
If any community persists in arrogance and adopts ungratefulness, then Allah will make that community taste the effects of putting on the twin garments: the garments of hunger and fear! Libaas al Joo’i wal Khauf.
The envelopment of hunger could be adversity amid plenty – you have so much wealth yet you are so poor in the world that even your existence is not counted, you are so powerless in the world that your economic richness carries no weight in deciding the affairs of the world, you are even not worth considered to be a world player. You are voiceless in world politics. Your nation is rich, yet you are poor. Your wealth is being enjoyed by those who are out and out to destroy your brothers in faith, your brotherly nations. Your tummy is full, and yet you are hungry!! A irony of sorts! Nay, it’s a punishment from the Lord of the Worlds!
The envelopment of fear could be the fear of insecurity. The fear of losing your power. The fear of losing your status. The fear of losing your own money which you have deposited in Swiss banks. The fear of economic freeze and sanctions! The fear of rebellion coming from those very people whom you befriend!
The only way out for Muslim individuals and Muslim nations is to seek Allah’s forgiveness, adopt istighfaar and recognise the significance of being grateful to Allah.
One way of being grateful to Allah is you start helping your brothers in faith. By being friendly and cooperative with Muslim nations. By giving preference to imaan over kufr, to Muslims over Yahood and Nasaara, to justice over injustice, to haqq over baatil, to friends of Allah over enemies of Allah. By extending a helping hand in piety and righteousness, not in sin, oppression and aggression!
Otherwise the wrath of Allah is here: keep wearing the garments of hunger and fear!
February 15, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Reflections | Allah, Allah is our Nourisher, barakah, Being grateful to Allah, Blessings, Fear, Friends of Allah, Help your brother, Hunger, Ibn Kathir, Islam, Kufr, Makkah, Muslim communities, Muslim nations, Muslims, Peace, Prophet Muhammad, Quran, Quran blog, Saudi Arabia, Security, Shukr, Shukr Vs Kufr, Surah al Nahl, Tafseer, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
Do you have something to say? Share your comments. Cancel reply
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Mercy-Giving
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Treasure Hunt :)
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
Postings…so far, alhamdulillah
- Abandoning the Qur'an
- Al Qur'an – What it is?
- Attributive Names
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin
- Compilation of the Qur'an
- Excellence of Friday Prayer
- Friday Khutbah in UAE
- Fruits in the Qu'ran
- Guidance = The Quran
- Hajj related
- Heart and the Qur'an
- Human Soul
- Islamic Months
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN
- Islamic Spirit
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words
- Learning the language of the Qur'an
- Money Matters
- Muqeet's (assorted)
- O You Who Believe!
- Qur'an and Environment
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord
- Qur'an and Muslims
- Qur'an and Science
- Qur'an Central
- Qur'an People
- Qur'an Quiz
- Qur'an Software
- Qur'an's Miracles
- Qur'anic Du'aas
- Qur'anic Phrases
- Qur'anic Stories
- Qur'anic Studies
- Quran and Sunnah
- Ramadhan and the Qur'an
- Real Life Experience
- Sajdah and productivity
- Salah: MeaningFULL
- Salatul Istikhaarah
- Sayyidul Istighfar
- Stages of Revelation
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas
- Surah al Fatihah
- Surah al Mulk
- Tafaseer (Commentaries)
- The Healing
- The Science of Recitations
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized?
- With Lexical and Grammatical Notes
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar
- World's madness!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Seeking Allah in the Midlands May 24, 2013
- Matters concerning Rizq and spending in the way of Allah May 24, 2013
- Experience Grace. Or Face Humiliation! May 22, 2013
- Raising Righteous Generations….! May 20, 2013
- This is for the men of understanding! May 19, 2013
- If you worship Allah, do this! May 18, 2013
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas May 18, 2013
- Connect and stay connected! May 17, 2013
- Do not emulate the Jews!! May 16, 2013
- Tawbatun Nasuha: Sincere Repentance May 15, 2013
- Dear Believers…! May 13, 2013
- Some facts about the month of Rajab May 11, 2013
- The beauty in the longest verse of the Qur’an May 8, 2013
- The more you reflect, the closer you get! May 6, 2013
- An inspiring e-book for any aspiring haafidh May 4, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- Seeking Allah in the Midlands
- Matters concerning Rizq and spending in the way of Allah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Memorizing the Qur'an and Virtues of Surahs Naba, Yaseen, Waqi'ah and Mulk
- Friday Khutbahs
- Shukr: Being Thankful to Allah
- Word For Word Translation of the Qur'an
- Sayyidul Istighfaar
- Experience Grace. Or Face Humiliation!
- Surah Yaseen: Word-to-word translation
- Friday and Reciting Surah al Kahf
TagAbraham Allah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Salah Sawm Seerah Siyam Sunnah Surah al Kahf UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran
Thank You Akismet :)