Top 3 Excuses for not memorising the Qur’an!
Memorising the Qur’an is the single most blessed activity. The best thing a Muslim can accomplish in life is to memorise the Book of Allah.
Apart from reading, understanding, reflecting, living by its teachings and implementing its injunctions, those of us who have not yet intended to do the hifz of the Qur’an must take the initiative as early as possible lest death overtakes us!
Why can’t we make memorising the Qur’an an objective of our life?
Most of the times I have noticed that Muslims give these three common reasons for not memorising the Qur’an.
Excuse # 1 I am too old to memorise the Qur’an
Excuse # 2 I don’t have time to memorise the Qur’an
Excuse # 3 It is so hard to memorise the Qur’an
Every Muslim who has not yet completed the memorisation of the Qur’an, including me, must ask this question to oneself: Do I have any special excuse?
Honestly telling, if one calmly and sincerely reflects over this matter, then many of us will arrive at this conclusion:
‘I don’t have any reason for not memorising the Qur’an’
‘I think I am just existing in this world!’
Do you agree? Send in your comments and also please share your experiences, if any.
January 22, 2013 - Posted by MuQeet | Muqeet's (assorted) | Allah's Book, Book of God, Hifz, Holy Quran, Learning the Quran by heart, Memorising the Quran, memorization of the Qur'an, Quran blog, The glorious Quran, The Last Testament, Yassarnalquran
2 Comments »
Do you have something to say? Share your comments. Cancel reply
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Mercy-Giving
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Treasure Hunt :)
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
Postings…so far, alhamdulillah
- Abandoning the Qur'an
- Al Qur'an – What it is?
- Attributive Names
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin
- Compilation of the Qur'an
- Excellence of Friday Prayer
- Friday Khutbah in UAE
- Fruits in the Qu'ran
- Guidance = The Quran
- Hajj related
- Heart and the Qur'an
- Human Soul
- Islamic Months
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN
- Islamic Spirit
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words
- Learning the language of the Qur'an
- Money Matters
- Muqeet's (assorted)
- O You Who Believe!
- Qur'an and Environment
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord
- Qur'an and Muslims
- Qur'an and Science
- Qur'an Central
- Qur'an People
- Qur'an Quiz
- Qur'an Software
- Qur'an's Miracles
- Qur'anic Du'aas
- Qur'anic Phrases
- Qur'anic Stories
- Qur'anic Studies
- Quran and Sunnah
- Ramadhan and the Qur'an
- Real Life Experience
- Sajdah and productivity
- Salah: MeaningFULL
- Salatul Istikhaarah
- Sayyidul Istighfar
- Stages of Revelation
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas
- Surah al Fatihah
- Surah al Mulk
- Tafaseer (Commentaries)
- The Healing
- The Science of Recitations
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized?
- With Lexical and Grammatical Notes
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar
- World's madness!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Matters concerning Rizq and spending in the way of Allah May 24, 2013
- Experience Grace. Or Face Humiliation! May 22, 2013
- Raising Righteous Generations….! May 20, 2013
- This is for the men of understanding! May 19, 2013
- If you worship Allah, do this! May 18, 2013
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas May 18, 2013
- Connect and stay connected! May 17, 2013
- Do not emulate the Jews!! May 16, 2013
- Tawbatun Nasuha: Sincere Repentance May 15, 2013
- Dear Believers…! May 13, 2013
- Some facts about the month of Rajab May 11, 2013
- The beauty in the longest verse of the Qur’an May 8, 2013
- The more you reflect, the closer you get! May 6, 2013
- An inspiring e-book for any aspiring haafidh May 4, 2013
- A du’aa from the bottom of a Believer’s heart May 3, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Experience Grace. Or Face Humiliation!
- Friday Khutbahs
- Shukr: Being Thankful to Allah
- Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- Matters concerning Rizq and spending in the way of Allah
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas
- 'Verse of the Day Collection'
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Raising Righteous Generations....!
- Takbeer, Tahleel, Tahmeed and Tasbeeh
- Surah Yaseen: Word-to-word translation
TagAbraham Allah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Salah Sawm Seerah Siyam Sunnah Surah al Kahf UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran
Thank You Akismet :)