When will this mass slaughter stop?
At the outset, let me say that I do not intend to hurt or make fun of anyone. I am addressing this post to everyone’s reason and logic, and not to anyone’s emotions and sentiments. Thank you and Jazakallah Khayr.
Al Qur’an is a Book whose first chapter begins in the name of Allah and the last chapter ends with seeking refuge in Allah. Between these two, flows life as such.
How fortunate are those Muslims who are able to read the Qur’an in an excellent manner. Also, how fortunate are those Muslims who are able to listen to the Qur’an being read in an excellent way.
And how terrible it is to stand behind an Imaan offering taraweeh prayers in a ridiculous way!
Terrible, not because you are standing for prayer. Terrible, because this person whom you call as an ‘imaam’ is a butcher of a different kind!
Not an ordinary butcher. An accomplished mass slaughterer!! The one who indulges in mass slaughtering of the Qur’anic verses. Fracturing a verse here, breaking a limb there! Creating distortion and spreading corruption – all in the Way of Allah! In the name of Allah! With the Kalaam (Speech) of Allah! And in the very House of Allah!!
The wide-spread slaughter of Quranic verses in the name of Taraweeh must be condemned in the strongest possible terms.
I wish Hazrat Umar ibn al Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) come back to life and whip all those Imaams who lead taraweeh prayers for the heck of taraweeh!
What is the purpose of Taraweeh? To listen to the Qur’an. To spend active time in conscious worship of Allah. To develop closeness with Allah. To uplift oneself, spiritually. To be thankful to Allah for revealing the Qur’an.
But no! Now, Taraweeh is not for listening to the Qur’an, it is to finish the Qur’an!
Not to stand in conscious devotion, it is to do unconscious physical exercise!
Not to uplift oneself spiritually, it is to get the iftaar food digested! (so that you can get back home and eat a lot!!)
Not to develop closeness with Allah, it is to play an indoor T20 match!
Not to be thankful to Allah, it is to get rid of the heavy burden laid upon the shoulders!
As Allama Iqbal says: Reh Gaye Rasm-e-Azaan, Rooh-e-Bilali Na Rahe! Only the form remains, and the spirit is missing!
The management of the mosques and all the Imaams leading Taraweeh prayers must understand that Taraweeh is not a T20 cricket match to bat and bowl wildly and finish it off in a given time-frame!
We also need to understand that completing Twenty Rak’ahs or reciting the whole Qur’an in Taraweeh is not compulsory. Listening to the Qur’an attentively and reciting the Qur’an at a moderate speed and in a beautiful manner - these aspects are not only compulsory but they should also become every Muslim’s prime concern.
Humility, tranquility, remembrance and reflection are important elements of Taraweeh Prayer. We all need to connect to these missing links, Inshaa’Allah.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq, Hidayah and Istiqaamah to live by His guidance. Aameen.
Jazakumullah Khayra for reading this post of mine.
July 18, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN, Ramadhan and the Qur'an, Reflections | Allah, Butcher, Congregation, Fasting, Humility, Imaam, Islam, Jamaah, Khushoo, Leader, Masjid, Masjid committee, Mass slaughter, Mosque, Night Prayers, Prayers, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic recitation, Ramadan, Ramadhan, Reading, Recitation, Remembrance, Salah, T20, Taraweeh, Tilawah, Yassarnalquran, Zikr
18 Comments »
Do you have something to say? Share your comments. Cancel reply
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Mercy-Giving
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Treasure Hunt :)
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
Postings…so far, alhamdulillah
- Abandoning the Qur'an
- Al Qur'an – What it is?
- Attributive Names
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin
- Compilation of the Qur'an
- Excellence of Friday Prayer
- Friday Khutbah in UAE
- Fruits in the Qu'ran
- Guidance = The Quran
- Hajj related
- Heart and the Qur'an
- Human Soul
- Islamic Months
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN
- Islamic Spirit
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words
- Learning the language of the Qur'an
- Money Matters
- Muqeet's (assorted)
- O You Who Believe!
- Qur'an and Environment
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord
- Qur'an and Muslims
- Qur'an and Science
- Qur'an Central
- Qur'an People
- Qur'an Quiz
- Qur'an Software
- Qur'an's Miracles
- Qur'anic Du'aas
- Qur'anic Phrases
- Qur'anic Stories
- Qur'anic Studies
- Quran and Sunnah
- Ramadhan and the Qur'an
- Real Life Experience
- Sajdah and productivity
- Salah: MeaningFULL
- Salatul Istikhaarah
- Sayyidul Istighfar
- Stages of Revelation
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas
- Surah al Fatihah
- Surah al Mulk
- Tafaseer (Commentaries)
- The Healing
- The Science of Recitations
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized?
- With Lexical and Grammatical Notes
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar
- World's madness!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Raising Righteous Generations….! May 20, 2013
- This is for the men of understanding! May 19, 2013
- If you worship Allah, do this! May 18, 2013
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas May 18, 2013
- Connect and stay connected! May 17, 2013
- Do not emulate the Jews!! May 16, 2013
- Tawbatun Nasuha: Sincere Repentance May 15, 2013
- Dear Believers…! May 13, 2013
- Some facts about the month of Rajab May 11, 2013
- The beauty in the longest verse of the Qur’an May 8, 2013
- The more you reflect, the closer you get! May 6, 2013
- An inspiring e-book for any aspiring haafidh May 4, 2013
- A du’aa from the bottom of a Believer’s heart May 3, 2013
- “If you have no shame, do whatever you like”! April 29, 2013
- Bestowing and withholding: The prerogative of Allah alone! April 27, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Raising Righteous Generations....!
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas
- Imaam 'Aasim of Riwayah Hafs an 'Aasim
- Every Ayah.com
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Surah Yaseen: Word-to-word translation
- Word For Word Translation of the Qur'an
- Link This
- Memorizing the Qur'an and Virtues of Surahs Naba, Yaseen, Waqi'ah and Mulk
TagAbraham Allah Dua Eid al Adha Fasting Five Pillars Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Makkah Masjid Muslim calendar Muslims Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Ramadan Ramadhan Salah Sawm Seerah Siyam Sunnah Surah al Kahf UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Yassarnalquran
Thank You Akismet :)