When will this mass slaughter stop?
At the outset, let me say that I do not intend to hurt or make fun of anyone. I am addressing this post to everyone’s reason and logic, and not to anyone’s emotions and sentiments. Thank you and Jazakallah Khayr.
Al Qur’an is a Book whose first chapter begins in the name of Allah and the last chapter ends with seeking refuge in Allah. Between these two, flows life as such.
How fortunate are those Muslims who are able to read the Qur’an in an excellent manner. Also, how fortunate are those Muslims who are able to listen to the Qur’an being read in an excellent way.
And how terrible it is to stand behind an Imaan offering taraweeh prayers in a ridiculous way!
Terrible, not because you are standing for prayer. Terrible, because this person whom you call as an ‘imaam’ is a butcher of a different kind!
Not an ordinary butcher. An accomplished mass slaughterer!! The one who indulges in mass slaughtering of the Qur’anic verses. Fracturing a verse here, breaking a limb there! Creating distortion and spreading corruption – all in the Way of Allah! In the name of Allah! With the Kalaam (Speech) of Allah! And in the very House of Allah!!
The wide-spread slaughter of Quranic verses in the name of Taraweeh must be condemned in the strongest possible terms.
I wish Hazrat Umar ibn al Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) come back to life and whip all those Imaams who lead taraweeh prayers for the heck of taraweeh!
What is the purpose of Taraweeh? To listen to the Qur’an. To spend active time in conscious worship of Allah. To develop closeness with Allah. To uplift oneself, spiritually. To be thankful to Allah for revealing the Qur’an.
But no! Now, Taraweeh is not for listening to the Qur’an, it is to finish the Qur’an!
Not to stand in conscious devotion, it is to do unconscious physical exercise!
Not to uplift oneself spiritually, it is to get the iftaar food digested! (so that you can get back home and eat a lot!!)
Not to develop closeness with Allah, it is to play an indoor T20 match!
Not to be thankful to Allah, it is to get rid of the heavy burden laid upon the shoulders!
As Allama Iqbal says: Reh Gaye Rasm-e-Azaan, Rooh-e-Bilali Na Rahe! Only the form remains, and the spirit is missing!
The management of the mosques and all the Imaams leading Taraweeh prayers must understand that Taraweeh is not a T20 cricket match to bat and bowl wildly and finish it off in a given time-frame!
We also need to understand that completing Twenty Rak’ahs or reciting the whole Qur’an in Taraweeh is not compulsory. Listening to the Qur’an attentively and reciting the Qur’an at a moderate speed and in a beautiful manner - these aspects are not only compulsory but they should also become every Muslim’s prime concern.
Humility, tranquility, remembrance and reflection are important elements of Taraweeh Prayer. We all need to connect to these missing links, Inshaa’Allah.
May Allah give us the Tawfeeq, Hidayah and Istiqaamah to live by His guidance. Aameen.
Jazakumullah Khayra for reading this post of mine.
July 18, 2012 - Posted by MuQeet | Islamic Months: RAMADHAN | Allah, Butcher, Congregation, Fasting, Humility, Imaam, Islam, Jamaah, Khushoo, Leader, Masjid, Masjid committee, Mass slaughter, Mosque, Night Prayers, Prayers, Quran, Quran blog, Quranic recitation, Ramadan, Ramadhan, Reading, Recitation, Remembrance, Salah, T20, Taraweeh, Tilawah, Yassarnalquran, Zikr
20 Comments »
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
A word about “chm files”There are many links given here and there to download files. If it is a chm file, after download, please save, right click, go to Properties, and click Unblock. This has to be done only for the first use.
Knock, and it will Open!To know what this du'aa is about, keep the cursor on this image.
Thank You Akismet :)
Treasure Hunt :)
Postings….so far, alhamdulillah
- Aayatul Kursi (1)
- Abandoning the Qur'an (1)
- Al Qur'an – What it is? (24)
- Arabic and Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (2)
- Attributive Names (3)
- “That is the Inheritance of Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم” (1)
- Beyond Excellence: The Making of a Muhsin (5)
- Books on Hadeeth (2)
- Compilation of the Qur'an (3)
- Du'aa – General (1)
- Du'aa of Umar ibn al Khattab (1)
- Du'aas – Prophetic (6)
- Du'aas – Qur'anic (10)
- E-books (32)
- Excellence of Friday Prayer (3)
- Friday Khutbah in UAE (31)
- Fruits in the Qu'ran (2)
- General (2)
- Guidance = The Quran (2)
- Hajj related (38)
- Heart and the Qur'an (5)
- Human Soul (1)
- Inspiration (2)
- Interview with Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (1)
- Islam: Greatest Liberating Force on earth! (1)
- Islamic Months (13)
- Islamic Months: RAMADHAN (65)
- Isra and Me'raj (2)
- Ka'bah (2)
- Kalimaat: Qur'anic Words (3)
- Learning the language of the Qur'an (5)
- Light verse of the Qur'an (1)
- Memorization (8)
- Money Matters (1)
- Muqeet's (assorted) (112)
- O You Who Believe! (19)
- Qur'an and Environment (1)
- Qur'an and Man's Relationship with his Lord (1)
- Qur'an and Muslims (6)
- Qur'an and Science (8)
- Qur'an Central (1)
- Qur'an Interface/Qur'an Learning (5)
- Qur'an People (4)
- Qur'an Quiz (3)
- Qur'an Software (1)
- Qur'an's Miracles (11)
- Qur'anic Phrases (2)
- Qur'anic Stories (6)
- Qur'anic Studies (11)
- Quran and Sunnah (1)
- Real Life Experience (5)
- Reflections (113)
- Sajdah and productivity (1)
- Salah: MeaningFULL (3)
- Salatul Istikhaarah (1)
- Sayyidul Istighfar (2)
- Seeking Knowledge (1)
- Shukr Vs Kufr (2)
- Stages of Revelation (4)
- Subhanallahi Wa Bi Hamdihi (2)
- Surah al Baqarah (1)
- Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Naas (1)
- Surah al Fatihah (1)
- Surah al Kahf (4)
- Surah al Kawthar (2)
- Surah al Mulk (2)
- Surah at-Teen (1)
- Surah Luqman (1)
- Surah Yaseen (1)
- Tafaseer (Commentaries) (4)
- Tajweed (5)
- Takbeer (1)
- The Healing (5)
- The Science of Recitations (2)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Virtues of Qur'an Recitation (4)
- What the Prophet particularly read or emphasized? (2)
- Word to Word by Dr.Shehnaz and Kausar (1)
- World's madness! (2)
- Yajuuj and Majuuj – Gog and Magog (1)
- Zikr (3)
Track of postings
Share this إن شآء الله
Comments are welcome!
They are generated! So…
Reminder b e n e f i t s :)
- Top Ten Facts About the Glorious Qur’an December 2, 2013
- Angola: The ‘news’, the denial, the confusion, and clarification November 26, 2013
- Angola Bans Islam November 25, 2013
- Rain, Rain, Come Again! November 22, 2013
- This Tajweed Course is Simply Superb! November 14, 2013
- Fast of Aashura, and when? November 12, 2013
- As the Islamic New Year Begins….. November 3, 2013
- Islamic Perspective on Eclipse November 2, 2013
- The miracle in Tawaf, the purpose of human existence! November 2, 2013
- Of Mu’aadh ibn Jabal and Knowledge October 25, 2013
- Nouman Ali Khan’s Tafseer Collection October 23, 2013
- Salman, the benchmark October 21, 2013
- These are the Days of Eating, Drinking and Remembering Allah October 16, 2013
- When Tears Speak Louder Than Words! October 15, 2013
- Eid Mubaarak :) October 14, 2013
- "Hasbunallahu Wa Ni'mal Wakeel"
- Ni'mal Maula Wa Ni'man Naseer!
- An Insight into Surah al Falaq and Surah an Naas
- Word For Word Translation of the Qur'an
- 'Allahumma Maalikal Mulki Tu'til Mulka Man Tashaa'u....'
- The Significance of Last Two Verses of Surah Al Baqarah
- Download Sahih Muslim FULL SET :)
- Word by Word Qur'an Reciter and Memorization Tool
- Fri Khutbahs
- Sahih al Bukhari Full Set :)
Tags used in this blog.Abraham Allah Allah is our Protector Arabic language Arafah Dua Eid al Adha Fast Fasting Five Pillars Five Pillars of Islam Forgiveness Friday Friday sermon Friday Speech Guidance hadeeth Hadith Hajj Hijri calendar Holy Book Ibadah Islam Islamic Calendar Islamic Months Jummah Jumuah Laylatul Qadr Living Islam Makkah Masjid Muqith Muslim calendar Muslims Muslim scripture Pillars of Islam Prayer Prophet Prophet Ibrahim Prophet Muhammad Quran Quran blog Rahmah Ramadan Ramadhan Recitation Religion Salah Sawm Scripture Seerah Shariah Siyam Sunnah Supplication supplications Surah al Kahf Tafseer Taraweeh Tawbah UAE UAE Mosques UAE News Worship Worship in Islam Yassarnalquran Zikr
Site infoYasSarNal QuR'aN
The Andreas04 Theme.